• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do?

Crack the slab or don't crack the slab  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Crack the slab or don't crack the slab

19 posts in this topic

You receive a VERY tightly graded CGC 4.5 late golden age Timely for full guide.You have never read the book before and don't know of any reprints.You know that someday you will probably have to sell it.To crack the slab or not to crack the slab,THAT is the question.GOD BLESS...

-(jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

jeez, if you think you can accurately distinguish between a 4.5 and a 5.0 GA book, by all means crack that thing.

if you're like most people and couldn't tell a 4.0 from a 5.0 if your very life depended on it, leave it in there and wait for the inevitable GA reprints from "the house of ideas"

either way, you're sitting pretty i should think

jeez, if you think you can accurately distinguish between a 4.5 and a 5.0 GA book, by all means crack that thing.

if you're like most people and couldn't tell a 4.0 from a 5.0 if your very life depended on it, leave it in there and wait for the inevitable GA reprints from "the house of ideas"

either way, you're sitting pretty i should think

But what if I get struck by a meteor tomorrow?Then I'll never even know if I liked it or not insane.gif.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

If tightly graded, crack it, either resubmit and hope for a higher grade, or sell it as a cracked CGC book. If the book is loosely graded, I'd be hesitant to crack it as it could easily come back lower. I'd look for a low grade reader at that point. Fair/Good.

Why did you buy the book in the first place? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If your reasons for purchase can be met with it in the slab, keep it there.

e.g.

-for later flipping;

-ya like the cover;

-ya just want to cross it off your wantlist.

If you're curious about the contents, crack that sucker out.

Seems simple... confused-smiley-013.gif

How about crack, read, pay $11 to have the book reslabbed?

I think once you crack it out, you'd have to pay the full economy or standard fee to have it regraded.

Is it worth paying the resub price to read? That's the only question you have to ask.

The other question is: Has it reached its potential?

devil.gif

Captain America Comics # 55 from ArAich.GOD BLESS...

I missed the part about it being a Timely book.

I wouldn't bother cracking it unless you have a recommendation that it is a good read, which I'm doubtful that it will be.

You receive a VERY tightly graded CGC 4.5 late golden age Timely for full guide.You have never read the book before and don't know of any reprints.You know that someday you will probably have to sell it.To crack the slab or not to crack the slab,THAT is the question.GOD BLESS...

-(jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Your wish is my command!I suppose I'll be reading this one.Heck,it's just an ole worthless Timely,so what difference does the slab really make poke2.gif.GOD BLESS...