• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who has the greatest villains?

Which hero has the coolest villains?  

525 members have voted

1. 1. Which hero has the coolest villains?

56 posts in this topic

Well, Bats and Spidey were expected for the top two, but FF and X-men tied for #3? I think the FF villains (Doom, Galactus, Annihilus, Submariner, Skrulls, etc.) are much better than the X-men villains (Magneto, Apocolypse, and ???). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DC's Captain Marvel. Mister Mind, Black Adam and Sivana. Plus the 7 Deadly Sins. What's not to like?
You were beat up a lot as a kid weren't you?

27_laughing.gif

Batman has the best set of villains. Not just one or two greats, but many.

[Joker, TwoFace, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Clayface, Mr Freeze, etc.]

Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, Calendar, Bane...........Batman by a long way.

I voted for the Fantastic Four, but for all of comicdom it would be Tracy. He had the most bizzare and murderous villains of all time.

Had to go with Thor on this one:

Surtur, Loki, Malik, Absorbing Man, Ulik, The Wrecking Crew, Destroyer (sort of), Midgard Serpent, Hela, Mangog, Durok the Demolisher, Ymir, Frost Giants, Hyde.

Gosh, what a shocker! poke2.gif

Before you boo me, I'm waiting for the Thor series to start too. frustrated.gif

hi y'all

this is my first post on these boards - i've enjoyed reading the pages and have picked up a lot of useful tips ...

as a silverage marvel guy, i really have to give this to spidey over batman. i admit it's a close thing, but i think if we factor in the sheer number of all time great villains over the shortest time period, spidey wins hands down: we're talking the vulture, doc ock, the sandman, the lizard, electro, mysterio, kraven, and the green goblin ... all in the first fifteen issues!!!

but even the second stringers from the early days - the chameleon, molten man, the enforcers, the crime master, the scorpion - have something to recommend them (though i think it took gerry conway to really make the molten man interesting).

i guess things fall off for a while during the romita years - the shocker and the kingpin, yes, but also duds like the kangaroo ...

oh well.

what about the LAMEST villains? who are they, and which hero has been saddled with the most losers over the years? have you already taken a poll on those questions somewhere?

This is a great Thread and everyone here has valid points and observations.

I can't disagree with much here at all - everyone is sort of ... right!!!

Not much on the DC comics, but I do recall the TV show Batman w/ Adam West and Burt Ward. Batman did have some interesting villains. I liked the Riddler the best, because I thought Frank Gorshwin( sp?) was a true comedic talent. His body movements and herky-jerky style is only but barely bested by Jim Carrey who also played Riddie in that other Batman movie I did not see.

The Joker was cool enough, and strange enough in himself in his own way, and the Penguin was also cool.

Superman? His vilains did not match up like Batman's did.

Now for the Marvel supes:

Spider-man hands down as far as neat villains to watch. Doc Ock, Electro, Vulture, Sandman, Lizard, Mysterio, Chameleon, and others are outstanding. The best villain out there during that time was the Green Goblin and he and Doc Ock are the best one-two punch for best villains for one supe.Doc Doom is an easy # 3 here.

Another poster said the FF had the best villains when it could been interpreted that the FF bad guys/girls were the most FORMIDABLE and dangerous/unbeatable: Galactus, the Super Skrull, Annihilus, Inhumans, Subby( another of my personal favorites), Dr. Doom, and to an extent the HULK.

Then someone mentioned THOR. Yes he had some tough butts to whip too: Ulik, Destroyer, Mangog, Hercules, Loki( an immortal too with powers), and shared the dangers of Galactus now and then. But Thor did have the best supporting fighting foot soldiers w/ Hogun, Balder, Fandrall and the oafish Volstagg. Sif to me was more a hinderance than a helper.

The Spidey villains were the most innovative characters in themselves, especially the Goblin. Sr. Osborn was tied in P. Parker's personal life through best pal Harry, and that raised the bar for Spidey.In conclusion, Marvel = Spidey narrowly eeks out Thor, DC = Batman hands down.

CAL who likes villians too! ( Billy Preston song: "Let the Bad Guys win in a once-in-a-while") devil.gif

if ya take away the joker ..then spidey might be on par if not better then bats, but the joker is just to good of a villian..and imo, joker puts bats rouge gallery over the top

green goblin is great, an all time favorite of mine...but hes not the joker

oh and im a total marvel guy, outside of bats i hate dc

thumbsup2.gif

DC's Captain Marvel. Mister Mind, Black Adam and Sivana. Plus the 7 Deadly Sins. What's not to like?
You were beat up a lot as a kid weren't you?

27_laughing.gif

Batman has the best set of villains. Not just one or two greats, but many.

[Joker, TwoFace, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Clayface, Mr Freeze, etc.]

Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, Calendar, Bane...........Batman by a long way.

....and Poison Ivy, Ras Al Ghul, Hush, the Ventrilioquist, the Riddler, Killer Croc...

Don't leave Iron Man off the list

Mandarin

Black Widow

Crimson Dynamo

Titanium Man

Melter

Unicorn

Ultimo

Black Knight

Hawkeye (for a while)

Roxxon Oil

Spymaster

Whiplash

Blizzard

Doll Man

Red Ghost

Don't forget that Dr Doom has a hard on for Shell-Head as well.