• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do You E-Bay?

Sell On E-Bay?  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Sell On E-Bay?

20 posts in this topic

Well, I seem to be sorting, listing, packing, selling, etcetera more than I spend time reading and organizing my own books. I am wondering if I am the only one. I mean really, I can't even find the time to read the new books I have purchased. I would love to take the time to cull out of my collection what I will never read (that is most, but I collect for completeness). So, am I the only one?

I sell on eBay...But NO comics (or any collectibles)....been there since the middle of '99....when I started there the "old timers" would always refer to the Good Old Days of 2-3 Years earlier, and how much different/awful it had become (in 1999)....makes me laugh now.

I sell on eBay...But NO comics (or any collectibles)....been there since the middle of '99....when I started there the "old timers" would always refer to the Good Old Days of 2-3 Years earlier, and how much different/awful it had become (in 1999)....makes me laugh now.

I've been on eBay since about '99 as well. Back then I really only used it strictly for upgrading my computer and buying event tickets. I've sold some items, including some comic sets, but I'm not making a habit out of it. I'm just not good enough at it and I was barely breaking even, so I stopped.

Well, I assumed (when purchasing) that I would want to read every book I bought.

That it hasn't happened yet is the big reason for slowing my purchasing.

Those that I have read have caused some drastic restructuring of my want list.

As I've said before, wife, kids, house, and a liberal city government have done wonders for my completionist tendencies. yeahok.gif

Yes - cleans up the books I get through various sources that I don't want/need

Yes - Scan, write description, upload, package...but not much time

Yes - that's why I buy only 1 or 2 moderns, and, I take great joy in cracking the CGC case yay.gif

I live on eBay. I think of my eBay sales as a VERY small, VERY part-time business. Yes, they have fees, but it's the cheapest way to sell that I know of. September 8th (my birthday) of this year will be my 10th anniversary on eBay. I sell anything and everything. I love selling comics. What better thing to sell, than what you're knowledgeable and passionate about? Oh, and I love PayPal too! tongue.gif

Yes when I have free time.

Yes when I have to reply to idiotic questions and low-ball offers

Yes I read every book but not the dupes wink.gif