• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DareDevil

21 posts in this topic

168 is the big one. Both written and penciled by Miller and the introduction of his most famous creation. thumbsup2.gif

Agreed, I think its safe to say that 168 has eclipsed 158 as the key Copper DD Book, with 181 a distant 3rd (this book was hoarded like mad) I'm sure there are unopened cases in some dealer warehouses.

The problem with DD 181 is the commonality of the book. Seems like from 177 and up, the books are super common.

Probably my favorite issue is DD with the gun (DD184). Sure love DD183 too. Punisher vs. DD.

Pat

Most of the DD books seem flat right now. I think the Elektra movie killed the run for a while. The Miller iss. are still great. I like the later stories better but they are obviously a lot cheaper. The main iss. are 158, 163, 168, 181 but the completionist will have trouble finding other iss. in 9.8. Try findin' 160, 161, 163, 165, 166, 169, 170,171, 176 in 9.8. You'll do better finding a chip of ccrap on a white shirt.

This book for me anyways is my favorite

dd163.jpg

This is a great book. One of my favorites to read from the run. #184 is the coolest cover though. It is the only comic i have left from my colllection as a teenager. The original cover art to DD #184 would be an ultimate grail for me.

#168 is probably the most important though. It kind of sucks that these books are so common because it could possibly be one of the best runs in comic history.

The current DD series (issues 10-15) by Mack was spectacular. I really enjoyed the way Mack did them, very different. The more I read them the more I enjoy them, seems I keep finding new stuff each time.