• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics4stone is a thief on Ebay!

61 posts in this topic

I sent him $500.00 through Ebay and he claims he sent it out but he forgot to put a delivery confirmation on it as well as no insurance. His name is Jose Urzua and he lives in Modesto, California.

I paid through paypal with my checking account so my money is lost as paypal does nothing to protect me.

The book was a Batman 234 in CGC 9.4.

Ron,

I second the other forumites. Paypal protection is awful, but in this case, if you file a claim with Paypal, you will get refunded as the seller must provide proof of delivery. I believe if the sellers feedback is over 98% you are covered up to $1000.

Tom

why would someone rate this with one star? What was the purpose of that? My misfortune gets one star? Whoever felt the need to post one star PM me unless you are a coward? You know what if you are not a coward than just post here.
Why do you care if someone rated it one star?

How much did you win from this auction.? The reason I ask, if the box had the postage label you could see what the box weighed compared to how much it should of weighed with the item/s in it. If it doesn't come close to what it should of been there is your case. I worked 12 years at the post office and seen all the tricks and learned how to catch many of the scammers. thumbsup2.gif

Nice! That's a great one and thanks for sharing.

In this case it seems unlikely the book was sent but the tip to check your post office is a good one. Every time I've had a package coming that is overdue, I call and it shows up within a day.

Marc

why would someone rate this with one star? What was the purpose of that? My misfortune gets one star? Whoever felt the need to post one star PM me unless you are a coward? You know what if you are not a coward than just post here.

Sterling flashbacks to a time when we used to grade each member....

Wow, thanks for the memories! Now if they could just get rid of the grading system on the threads... foreheadslap.gif

In this case it seems unlikely the book was sent but the tip to check your post office is a good one. Every time I've had a package coming that is overdue, I call and it shows up within a day.

One of the few times I was accussed on not sending the book, it was rotting at their local post office...and it was eventually mailed back. When asked to resend, I simply said "I did ask you to check the local post office" and refunded their money.

I have had this happen twice on paypal, one person did it a few times to other sellers, claimed unauthorised use. Paypal gave him full refund despise this. Second guy I even had a proof of postage, but that was not good enough so they still gave him the money back. They said the only proof of postage they accept is ones that have tracking numbers. In the UK you can get a slip that has the name address, dated stamp and the PO clerks signature, but thats not good enough. Paypal usually sides with the buyer over the seller, so you should get your money back! Good luck.

This one he sent me on May 17th. I contacted him because I bought 2 Batman 234's CGC 9.4 on the same day May 7th. I received one of them 2 days before on the 15th so I simply contacted him just to see if he sent it.

comics4stone( 246)

Positive Feedback: 99.2%

Registered On: www.ebay.com

Item: BATMAN #234 CGC 9.4 1st modern app harvey dent/TWO FACE (6626057444)

This message was sent after the listing closed.

comics4stone is the seller.

Yes this has been sent .. You should have this book if not today by friday latest.... .. will check my tracking at ends week saturday if you haven't received yet let me know

Hi Ron:

I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. Did he give you the tracking #? BTW I will give your thread 5 stars. flowerred.gif

Good Morning folks!

To the people who asked why I made that statement about the one star. The rating system of 1-5 stars means a 1 star the person doesnt give a [embarrassing lack of self control] and 5 stars means the person loves it. For someone to even put one star to let me know how they dont give a [embarrassing lack of self control] about my misfortune says it all.

Do you get it now?

So to the people who rated this one star I wish nothing but bad luck on you. When something bad happens to you for whatever reason you posted the one star you will know why it happened. When that day comes I will get to laugh at your miserable arses. 27_laughing.gifyeahok.gif

How much did you win from this auction.? The reason I ask, if the box had the postage label you could see what the box weighed compared to how much it should of weighed with the item/s in it. If it doesn't come close to what it should of been there is your case. I worked 12 years at the post office and seen all the tricks and learned how to catch many of the scammers. thumbsup2.gif

Nice! That's a great one and thanks for sharing.

Marc

They all know me personally in my post office. They always tell me when I have stuff sitting there.

I went there a few days ago to pick up 2 boxes and there was nothing else sitting there.

I actually called up the postal worker the guy named. She answered the phone at that office. She said she knows the guy and the guy seems like an honest guy but when I explained the whole situation she said that it sounds like he is lying.

I told her that if he even showed me a receipt from the post office that showed he mailed it that would be good enough for me.

She said that receipt will show everything. The printout from the post office shows everything. Thats the receipt you get after you have sent out packages. It shows all of the info including the person he gave it to.

To me it is not the $500 it is the way he has handled it. The only time he responded to me is when I said i am going to notify the police.

I asked him for tracking numbers which he said he had and then when it came down to it he couldnt produce it and said there was none.

all the receipt is going to show is something of a certain weight sent to your zip

granted, it's unlikely he would have sent anything else to jersey that day

otoh, in this day and age, who is taking stuff to the post office except some international and to purchase insurance for more than the $400 or whatever paypal lets you buy on line? (yeah, i know, 20 people will say "I do"). sheesh, printing postage out via paypal is so friggin' easy and it's free for this kind of package! and who wouldn't want the free or discounted DC?

sounds like this guy is selling some expensive books but is approaching this in a really amateur fashion.

granted, on a $500 book perhaps you should have insisted on insurance, or did you and he forgot?

otoh, in this day and age, who is taking stuff to the post office except some international and to purchase insurance for more than the $400 or whatever paypal lets you buy on line? (yeah, i know, 20 people will say "I do"). sheesh, printing postage out via paypal is so friggin' easy and it's free for this kind of package!

Yeah, but anyone printing out postage probably has it autoset to include delivery conf. So the lack of DC is ridiculous.

Also, for packages that expensive I go to the post office and get some sort of regular insurance as the "private insurance" means no signature. (I have to go to the post office often due to international anyway.)

Marc

I insure via paypal/usps and also get signature confirmation on something like this.

but i think buying insurance via paypal/usps online might be capped at $400 or $500, I forget.

14 friggin cents for DC, free on priority. sorry, NO EXCUSES!

(not that DC is perfect or anything, but it's a minimum on big ticket items like this)

Here is the paypal receipt. read the note at the bottom that is from the seller.

Transaction Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eBay Payment Sent (ID # 5MK32569XB127161B)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Amount:

-$490.27 USD

Date:

May 11, 2006

Time:

20:49:21 PDT

Completed

Item # Item Title Qty Price Subtotal

6626057444 BATMAN #234 CGC 9.4 1st modern app harvey dent/TWO FACE 1 $482.77 USD $482.77 USD

Shipping & Handling via USPS Priority Mail

(includes any seller handling fees) $7.50 USD

Shipping Insurance : --

Total: $490.27 USD

Shipping Address:

Ron Murgo

31 Jefferson Court

Jackson, NJ 08527

United States

Confirmed

Payment To:

Jose Urzua (The recipient of this payment is Verified)

Seller's ID:

comics4stone

Seller's Email:

partnersgraphics@yahoo.com

Funding Type:

Instant Transfer

Funding Source:

$490.27 USD - Staten Island Bank & Trust Checking (Confirmed) XXXXXX8494

Back Up Funding Source:

MasterCard Credit Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-9960

Original Transaction

Date Type Status Details Amount

May 11, 2006 Payment To Jose Urzua Completed ... -$490.27 USD

Related Transaction

Date Type Status Details Amount

May 11, 2006 Add Funds from a Bank Account Completed Details $490.27 USD

This transaction is subject to a Buyer Complaint or a chargeback. Go to the Resolution Center to learn more on resolving this issue.

Description:

BATMAN #234 CGC 9.4 1st modern app harvey dent/TWO FACE

Note:

This total includes the cost for insurance and trackable mail as per sellers email.

Thanks Again

Hey Ron,

I use to live in Jackson, 34 Pennsylvania ave.....the good ole days.

Steve

Come down to Jackson now. They are building another new development on 527 between bennetts mills and 528. New homes start here at 700k now.

The guy just emailed me a little while ago and said this.

sorry you feel that way.. i have sent it and did with no confirmation and inusrance i'm not lieing sorry

Yet in the paypal it clearly states he was using insurance and delivery confirmation.

I know no one wants to hear about this anymore so until something exciting develops you will hear no more.

Its good to know that there are people on here that do care. So thanks to those that helped and sent private PM's.