• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Main goal of your collection?

29 posts in this topic

To obtain one copy of every pre-code horror title (full horror conent - not a mix) published, including titles that lastest an issue or two before their name changed or issues that went from one publisher to another.

The main goal of my collection is to get a full run of NM Ultimate Spidermans

Now is that slabbed NM CGC 9.4 and up? Very simple. I could have helped you there just like others onthese forums, but there are UK sellers that maybe more cost efficient for you to deal with. One that comes to mind has been a very good customer of mine, ebay id: hmarkos@aol.com . You may want to email him and see what he still has in stock or trade him some high grade Hulk 102-110 and key issues if you've got them. Good luck.

To answer your original question:

I'm shooting for the highest slabbed 30 cent Marvel Price Variant collection. It will not happen since 1) my collection is about 30 books shy of completion. and 2) some of the highest graded copies are already in the hands of some diehard variant collectors, who may never feel the need to sell.

I'm shooting for the highest slabbed 30 cent Marvel Price Variant collection. It will not happen since 1) my collection is about 30 books shy of completion. and 2) some of the highest graded copies are already in the hands of some diehard variant collectors, who may never feel the need to sell.

Which ones are you still missing?

My collecting goal is the same as everybody else's who posts here--to overcome the shame of having a small wanker by compensating for it with a collection consisting of a broad set of titles with very long runs that are bigger and better than everybody else's. shy.gifboo.gif

Joanna and Lucy excluded, of course...but this is also why they don't care so much about high grade! stooges.gif

Which ones are you still missing?

I just bumped the thread for you Ricky - down in the Marketplace

My collecting goal is the same as everybody else's who posts here--to overcome the shame of having a small wanker by compensating for it with a collection consisting of a broad set of titles with very long runs that are bigger and better than everybody else's. shy.gifboo.gif

Joanna and Lucy excluded, of course...but this is also why they don't care so much about high grade! stooges.gif

That's about what my dad said when I told him I was buying a hummer!

I've still got about 1,500 comics at my parents house in wretched condition that I haven't touched since I was a kid.

When I started to dabble in comics again, I decided to keep my main goal simple and attainable without spending a ton of time putting it together. My goal is to collect the 25 or so comics that my brother and I first owned as kids in CGC high grade. Preferably 9.4 or better.....but none lower than 9.0 if at all possible. Once that is accomplished, then I'll start to gather some of the other issues I remember fondly from my childhood.

I'm taking my time and just doing it as an enjoyable collecting alternative to my other interests. I don't check eBay daily.......sometimes I don't even check it weekly.......and I'll only occasionally check out dealer websites. But, again, I'm not in a huge hurry to complete my goal. I'm just enjoying getting back into the hobby a little bit and pick up a few of the new titles each month to read and enjoy.

The best part about my collecting........I do ABSOLUTELY NO SPECULATING.......I buy the books because I want them and want to keep them. I don't care if they all drop down to being worth less than a nickel.......to me, they're still the same books if they do. smile.gif

1. To complete Amazing Spider-Man 1-300 and Ultimate Spider-man (Thanks to Darth, that's actually gonna happen!).

2. To acquire certain key investment books for future profit.

3. To complete Daredevil 1-300

4. To find some sucker who wants to buy Spectacular Spider-Man 1-200 and a bunch of Thor up to 400.

One day I will get that B&B #28 in 9.6.

How much do you think that would cost if it surfaced?

I've still got about 1,500 comics at my parents house in wretched condition that I haven't touched since I was a kid.

When I started to dabble in comics again, I decided to keep my main goal simple and attainable without spending a ton of time putting it together. My goal is to collect the 25 or so comics that my brother and I first owned as kids in CGC high grade. Preferably 9.4 or better.....but none lower than 9.0 if at all possible. Once that is accomplished, then I'll start to gather some of the other issues I remember fondly from my childhood.

I'm taking my time and just doing it as an enjoyable collecting alternative to my other interests. I don't check eBay daily.......sometimes I don't even check it weekly.......and I'll only occasionally check out dealer websites. But, again, I'm not in a huge hurry to complete my goal. I'm just enjoying getting back into the hobby a little bit and pick up a few of the new titles each month to read and enjoy.

The best part about my collecting........I do ABSOLUTELY NO SPECULATING.......I buy the books because I want them and want to keep them. I don't care if they all drop down to being worth less than a nickel.......to me, they're still the same books if they do. smile.gif

I was only going to quote a small part of your response....But after reading it again....You've left me with nothing else to say....... smile.gif

One day I will get that B&B #28 in 9.6.

How much do you think that would cost if it surfaced?

Hate to say this but I reckon it would go in the region of $40 to $60 k (assuming it is the only one). frown.gif

My main goal is to get some complete runs and early appearances. On the way I would also like to collect some great covers. I am 3 comics shy of all the early Hulk appearances. I have completed the Daredevils (Yellow costume only!). Next is the first 10 Mad comics. After that, just some classic golden age covers(Schomburg, S&K, and Schomburg). Maybe the first 10 Batman and Superman appearances if i ever have more money than i can spend. Wish me luck.