• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic storage and flattening

17 posts in this topic

What is the best way to store your comics in a long box vertically or hrizontally. I read somewhere that storing them vertically in a long box falttened them. But if you look at them in the box when its sitting vertically the spine side sits much higher than the other side so it seems most of the weight would fall to one side (the side opposite the spine. Now how bout flattening a handful say with phone books etc. Any comments.

What is the best way to store your comics in a long box vertically or hrizontally. I read somewhere that storing them vertically in a long box falttened them. But if you look at them in the box when its sitting vertically the spine side sits much higher than the other side so it seems most of the weight would fall to one side (the side opposite the spine. Now how bout flattening a handful say with phone books etc. Any comments.

Look out, here comes the Pressing Police... popcorn.gif

I prefer to stack them diagonally along the "Z" axis with a 5 degree inclination to a height of no more than 10X the length of the shortest book but no less than 6% of the total volume of page distribution.... thumbsup2.gif

If it's in a bag with a stiff or double board there is no weight on the bottom of the book if you have it postioned properly in the bag.

I believe that would defy the laws of physics; but I would agree that it would reduce the chance of bending a book.

I store all mine in those plastic cases that cgc sends me.

but seriously, boxes are made so people can go thru them and pick up what they want to take out...like at a comic store. I always thought you should store them flat...Edgar Church did it that way. And if it pressed the books naturally, so be it.

I prefer to stack them diagonally along the "Z" axis with a 5 degree inclination to a height of no more than 10X the length of the shortest book but no less than 6% of the total volume of page distribution.... thumbsup2.gif

Ye canna change the laws of physics!

While this is wise, it neglects the effects of the summer solstice.

That would only apply south of the equator.... screwy.gif

That would only apply south of the equator.... screwy.gif

Simple fix for those in the southern climes, rotate the comic box 180 degrees.