• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which copy is better?

20 posts in this topic

It would probably be easier to tell once you break them out of the slab poke2.gif.Right now I'd have to go with copy # 1 because of the dust shadow on # 2.Both are very nice.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Tough one. Like Nik said, the centering on copy 2 is much better, though the slight darkening to the top edge detracts a bit from the eye appeal.

I would still probably go with B. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

It's funny, I agree with Jimbo. I would go with A because of the lack of dust shadow...it just has a fresher appearance to me, and the black line on the spine doesn't bother me at all. Though to be fair, B's dust shadow might be less noticeable in hand.

I actually PREFER the black line resting slightly toward the front because it protects the cover graphics from colour breaking stress and seems to make the spine look crisper.I had just gotten off the computer last night and missed the boat on a 'tec 400 on Clink Christo_pull_hair.gif that also has a spine like this.GOD BLESS...

#1 for sure - the tanning/foxing at the top edge of #2 is distracting.

Interesting that the blue stain above the cloud at the bottom left is apparently a constant printing defect.

My vote is for copy #2. The stress marks at the lower staple and rough-looking bottom edge of #1 make me consider it a weaker 9.2. [/quote

I would have to agree that copy # 1 is a weak 9.2.Had the dust shadow on # 2 been on the back cover my answer very well may have been different.For me,it's not unusual to prefer a slightly lesser graded copy that has slightly better colour, centering,gloss or PQ.GOD BLESS...