• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie - Hello To All

22 posts in this topic

Hello to all on this forum.

I am obviously new here. I am just sort of getting back into comics. I had previously sold most of my books about 7 years ago, but had to at the time. I still have my full run of Cerebus and a few other books kicking aroud - not much to write home about though. My plan is to buy X-Men 94 - 143 in CGC 9.4 or better. Sort of to replace what I originally had. So far this month I have bought a GS1, 96, 98, 101, 109, 119, 130, 133, 135, 140 and 141 so I think I am off to a decent start. My wallet cannot take any more this month. All were in 9.4 except 130 which was in 9.6. I am amazed as to what CGC has done to market in terms of costing for higher end books. I cannot believe some of the price I have recently paid for these NM books. Unbelieveable!!! Anyway, I will keep at it.

I prefer mostly Bronze Age stuff from when I was a kid. I did have quite a few Alex Schomburg books (Black Terror, Human Torch, Exciting Comics etc), unfortunately they were sold quite a while back, but I love his covers and always will.

I am buying some new stuff again - some of the newer Marvel and DC tiles. I am not keen on much of the newer X-men titles - they don't appear to be too interesting or to hold a torch to the bronze age stuff - anyone have any suggestions on the X-men front for current reading. I do read Flamming Carrot (the new Dark Horse stuff). By the way, I am looking for a number 30 if anyone has one from the original series.

Anyway, if anyone has any other thoughts on good reads, please let me know what you think is good these days.

Glad to be back in comics...

flamed.gif

Hello and welcome to the bored!

Lots to learn from here and intersting people.

You might go through a hazing period or a point where everyoen is rude,

Dont let it get to you

Welcome to the boards.I,too,mainly collect older books.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

p.s. I must admit that some of the new comics out there today are so d@mned good I'm scared to open 'em.Just can't afford anything else.

Welcome. I'm also a relative newbie. I've learned to say Welcome to others so my post count goes up faster. angel.gif

You are becoming wise in the ways of the board young padawan

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

I would suggest the Bronze section first.....and post a few threads of interest to you. I'm cranking out some Education threads with lots of good information that the board has offered in the past that may be another good launching point.