• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Insurance Policies

62 posts in this topic

I've used CIA for the last 2 years or so for all my collectibles. I haven't really noticed a significant rate increase but perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.

I've always found their service to be excellent.

Plus, I like saying the CIA insures me. Pisses off the lawyers over at Langley! yay.gif

I just checked with my homeowners policy, and they only cover $1000. That isn't going to do it. I like the 10,000 coverage for $40. The other company in CBG (St Paul Travelers) says on their website that they have a minimum of $250 premium. That I don't like.

A lot of us use CIA (Collectibles Insurance Agency)

Does anyone know of a similar outfit for Canadians?

I have been using my home insurance... but the premiums are astronomical! I tried to contact CIA as I have a US address, but they wouldn't allow coverage as the bulk of my collection is in Canada.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated; not only by me, but my fellow Canucks I'm sure.

John thumbsup2.gif

I also use CIA (Collectibles Insurance Agency) . Do you need to have pictures of your books for a claim. If I remember my policy you don't . How do you prove what books and grades you had?

No pics or details except for individual books over $5000. I guess they pay out the policy limit to you w/o any lists or grades.

I also use CIA (Collectibles Insurance Agency) . Do you need to have pictures of your books for a claim. If I remember my policy you don't . How do you prove what books and grades you had?

No pics or details except for individual books over $5000. I guess they pay out the policy limit to you w/o any lists or grades.

Until I hear someone saying they have successfully filled out a claim without all of this information, I simply refuse to believe this.