• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Beautiful set of books, Point Five. What, no #3? :baiting:

Don't remind me! I passed on an affordable copy two years ago only because the timing was bad, and I'm still bummed about it today. :(

Since I'm in the neighborhood, and am playing with a new camera... Here's a group shot of my Fantastic run. Doesn't look like a lot maybe, but it took me five years (!) to get this far.

43995-fantastics2small.jpg

Bravo....well done, Point Five!

GE

Fantastic!

Since I'm in the neighborhood, and am playing with a new camera... Here's a group shot of my Fantastic run. Doesn't look like a lot maybe, but it took me five years (!) to get this far.

43995-fantastics2small.jpg

That's an outstanding set of books P5.I especially like issue 4,which is your favorite?

Thank you kind sirs. :foryou:

(In fairness, I think my camera is punching up the colors a bit...er, not that I'm complaining!)

Hard to pick a favorite... hm ...but in honesty, it probably has more to do with the Fletcher Hanks stories inside than the covers. I definitely favor the early issues...usually 2 Hanks stories per issue, and the art was better in general. I'd probably say #2, #4 and #6 are the ones to beat, but I really do like 'em all!

Since you raised the topic, a new countdown.....

Outstanding, Jon B!

Those last issues in the run are crazy scarce in high grade.

(Something tells me this countdown will be painful for me to view once you reach issue #1...or #3.) :P

(thumbs u

And finally, huge thanks to Ryan for this one. The pages are getting a touch weak at the corners, but the colors are electric and the book presents just beautifully. I love it. :headbang:

43128-weird3sm.jpg

Hey Jon,

Glad you are enjoying the WEIRD #3 ... nice to do business with board members.

REALLY great group shot of your Fantastic's, man ... you are a hardcore Hanks fan! TOUGH books in that grouping ... you should be proud of those books!

:applause:

(and a note to Jon Berk: when you come close to showing your FANTASTIC #3, please warn me so I can turn off my computer before I weep uncontrollably!)

REALLY great group shot of your Fantastic's, man ... you are a hardcore Hanks fan! TOUGH books in that grouping ... you should be proud of those books!

Thanks for the kind comments, bro! I surely am. :headbang:

(and a note to Jon Berk: when you come close to showing your FANTASTIC #3, please warn me so I can turn off my computer before I weep uncontrollably!)

That's an excellent idea. Before Jon B posts his Fantastic #3, we're going to need a full 24 hours notice in order to completely evacuate the thread. Women and children first!!

Hard to pick a favorite... hm ...but in honesty, it probably has more to do with the Fletcher Hanks stories inside than the covers. I definitely favor the early issues...usually 2 Hanks stories per issue, and the art was better in general. I'd probably say #2, #4 and #6 are the ones to beat, but I really do like 'em all!

Personally, I've always liked the cover to issue #5 myself.

The cover image on #5 always reminds me of the cover for Punch Comics #1.

Personally, I've always liked the cover to issue #5 myself.

The cover image on #5 always reminds me of the cover for Punch Comics #1.

Charlie Sultan did a blatant rip-off of Lou Fine (not the first or last). jb