• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

Thank you gents. :foryou:

Collecting the Weirds...especially in "presentable low grade"...is proving to be a real bear. Seems like many issues (both early and late) never come up for sale in any grade. In the 2 or 3 years I've been looking, this was the first #2 I'd seen for sale (tho Metro recently added a 5.0 to their site). And I'd never seen the cover to #14 at all, until Paratrooper posted it a few weeks back.

46639-weird2sm.jpg

Supernice comic, Jon. :applause:

Congrats.

America had quite the fascination with Egyptian artifacts back in the 1920's and 30's. Its neat to see that the interest carried over to the covers of pulp magazines and comic books of that era.

Collecting the Weirds...especially in "presentable low grade"...is proving to be a real bear. Seems like many issues (both early and late) never come up for sale in any grade. In the 2 or 3 years I've been looking, this was the first #2 I'd seen for sale (tho Metro recently added a 5.0 to their site). And I'd never seen the cover to #14 at all, until Paratrooper posted it a few weeks back.

WeirdComics14.jpg

:baiting:

wait until you try to land #20.....(rockford copy)

46651-weird20patenaude.jpg.e2032a661c352ad3634db925f25b00d2.jpg

wait until you try to land #20.....

You aren't kidding. :eek:

Those later ones just never come around. I passed up a #19 because the price was high, and am starting to regret it...don't think I'll see one of those again for a long while.

Hi Gang,

This one is going out to all the Jon's out there... well, specifically Point Five Jon, and Jon Berk (for inspiration)!

Finally got issues #1 and #2 of SCIENCE COMICS (courtesy of Metropolis!), to complete my mini-run of 1 to 4. All unrestored, around G/VG to VG range. Whew. Took a while , but there they are! Have been a priority for me ever since I saw them in the Gerber guides!

My room has that old comic smell now!! :cloud9:

SCIENCE1to4POST.jpg[/img]