• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

Finally got issues #1 and #2 of SCIENCE COMICS (courtesy of Metropolis!), to complete my mini-run of 1 to 4. All unrestored, around G/VG to VG range. Whew. Took a while , but there they are! Have been a priority for me ever since I saw them in the Gerber guides!

Holy Jumpin' Jupiter! :whatthe:

Ryan, that's an awesome shot. :applause:

Hi Gang,

This one is going out to all the Jon's out there... well, specifically Point Five Jon, and Jon Berk (for inspiration)!

Finally got issues #1 and #2 of SCIENCE COMICS (courtesy of Metropolis!), to complete my mini-run of 1 to 4. All unrestored, around G/VG to VG range. Whew. Took a while , but there they are! Have been a priority for me ever since I saw them in the Gerber guides!

My room has that old comic smell now!! :cloud9:

SCIENCE1to4POST.jpg[/img]

Congrats Ryan; They look beautiful. Maybe you could post them individually sometime so we can appreciate the cover scans a littler better!!!

Thanks guys ...

I'll try to do that BlindOwl... this was a time saver for me. Just moved to the good ol' US of A from Canada, and am swamped with work and setting up. Hopefully things will calm down some day.

Also got a nice WEIRD #4 thats worth a post too!

Finally got issues #1 and #2 of SCIENCE COMICS (courtesy of Metropolis!), to complete my mini-run of 1 to 4. All unrestored, around G/VG to VG range.

Ryan, now that we're practically neighbors please bring them over - I'd like to take a look in person! (and I'll have a few goodies to show you, too!!)

Finally got issues #1 and #2 of SCIENCE COMICS (courtesy of Metropolis!), to complete my mini-run of 1 to 4. All unrestored, around G/VG to VG range.

Ryan, now that we're practically neighbors please bring them over - I'd like to take a look in person! (and I'll have a few goodies to show you, too!!)

You all KNOW I'm going to take Mr. Carey up on that offer!! :banana:

Can't wait to see all that glossinated goodness!

Hi Gang,

This one is going out to all the Jon's out there... well, specifically Point Five Jon, and Jon Berk (for inspiration)!

My room has that old comic smell now!! :cloud9:

SCIENCE1to4POST.jpg[/img]

The cream of the mini-run....Congrats! Gotta love that #2! Jon

Just make sure you have arranged alternate transportation back home. Driving under the influence of those GA beauties is definitely a no-no! (tsk)

I pass out special glossinator glasses at the door to enhance your viewing pleasure! :headbang:

What are the glasses filled with?? :applause:

oh, THOSE kind of glasses!!! I had my hopes up for a second ...

This was a recent ebay purchase...only lower mid-grade due to multiple creases, but outstanding page quality (tough to find on these early Blue Beetles - wish I could find more early issues like this!).

Oh yeah, that book is a disgrace ... :makepoint:

Cool pickup. (thumbs u

Awesome! :banana:

and I might even keep the one with the rat chew, but I'm not sure I can touch it..;)

If you found out it was a bunny chew, is that any better? (shrug)

Great pickups!!