• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

In Today's mailbox:) I guess they belong here:) anyway, I thought I'd share:)

mysterymen.jpg

Congratulations. :applause:

If your goal is to have completed the Fox run by Christmas, it looks like you're off to a great start. (thumbs u

Thanks, I actually have a few others already...the only GA titles I ever tried to complete was Wonder Woman and Sensation, I am way too haphazard, I go by cover, price and...well, if I love it:) kind of like shoes..;)

and Thanks everyone for being so nice !

Sharon, congrat's... that must have been a fun box to open :banana:

Thanks to all of you, YES, it was:) and I'll be listing on Ebay for the next month to pay for them, lol...but I'm still having fun:)

Nice Weird book, too! I have some of those somewhere:) but not that early :cloud9:.

As mentioned before, here is the WEIRD #4 I picked up from Metro along with the SCIENCE 1 and 2.

Fantastic Joe Simon torture cover on this one!!

And just in from Jim Payette.....here's another insane cover. It's mind-boggling to think that 8-year-old kids were reading this in 1940.

I just buy these for the articles...I swear. :eek:

(Or at least for the Fletcher Hanks stories!)

47436-fantastic8sm.jpg.41a5403af4cb1ca52dbf58a4e54bc21a.jpg

As mentioned before, here is the WEIRD #4 I picked up from Metro along with the SCIENCE 1 and 2.

Fantastic Joe Simon torture cover on this one!!

And just in from Jim Payette.....here's another insane cover. It's mind-boggling to think that 8-year-old kids were reading this in 1940.

I just buy these for the articles...I swear. :eek:

(Or at least for the Fletcher Hanks stories!)

NICE jon!!! WONDERFUL colors on that copy!! looks like a great snag!!

Give us a report on the Hanks story ... is it reprinted in the Hanks book?

Thanks, Ryan!

And here's my other purchase from Jim. As you guys know, I'm a fan of these mid-run Weird Comics....many underrated story features, and the cover art and colors are always so simple, dumb and cheery. (Though the differences between covers are so subtle, it's kinda tempting to wonder if the cover artist banged out the covers from #6-16 in one sitting!) lol

47438-weird13sm.jpg.8e324d083664b4e58340e438542c1ee8.jpg

Give us a report on the Hanks story ... is it reprinted in the Hanks book?

I haven't read the stories yet, but they look great. :cloud9:

The Stardust story is "Vs. The Emerald Men of Asperus", and nope, not reprinted in Paul's book.

Hanks did both the Stardust and the Space Smith stories in #8. I think this was the last issue of Fantastic where that was the case.

Jim Payette is a great seller (thumbs u

You are so right, Steve!

Scans can be a little pokey, as he is very busy...but his grading has been consistently tight, no surprises, great service. It's a real pleasure to buy from Jim.

Jim Payette is a great seller (thumbs u

You are so right, Steve!

Scans can be a little pokey, as he is very busy...but his grading has been consistently tight, no surprises, great service. It's a real pleasure to buy from Jim.

Yup what you just said.

Congrats on all those new books of yours!?! Got rich recently? hm

Thanks. (thumbs u

It's always tricky to scan pages of these lower-grade books, as the staple areas are fragile....don't want to detach the cover, you know how it is. If I can do it, will do.

Yup what you just said.

Congrats on all those new books of yours!?! Got rich recently? hm

You're observant. :shy: I have kinda been on the rampage this year, in my own little way. Decided to treat myself a bit more lately.

Also, about 50% of this year's purchases was financed by selling off bits of my existing GA and SA collections. Decided to go after Fox in a big way, plus some other GA, and dropped SA & BA collecting just about entirely. My GA collecting has been more focused in the last two years, and I've been real happy how it's shaping up. :banana: