• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,188 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

My new girlfriend!! And one of my holy grails too!  :cloud9:

Amazing! Well done, Jay! That must be one of the nicest 2.0s on the planet.

14 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

My new girlfriend!! And one of my holy grails too!  :cloud9:

If only I could figure out how to extract her from that vacuum tube... :S

IMG_1664.PNG.999be24fb1fec18136c45be01c2b4a2e.PNG

I used to date her and, believe me, you're better off leaving her in there. :insane:

3 hours ago, Johnny545 said:

This book has issues (full length split), but it has some great colors and a bit of gloss too :

12f6c150-eccc-4067-8173-4bf64ddb8a58_zps

Toughie Chris, I've never seen a high-grade copy (I do have the Larson, coupon cut out of back cover). The colors are fantastic! :applause:

5 hours ago, Johnny545 said:

This book has issues (full length split), but it has some great colors and a bit of gloss too :

12f6c150-eccc-4067-8173-4bf64ddb8a58_zps

Well if the issues are ever too much to bare for you feel free to pass it along my way!! AWESOME BOOK!!!

10 hours ago, Point Five said:

Amazing! Well done, Jay! That must be one of the nicest 2.0s on the planet.

Thanks Ltpink, Gino, Jack, and Jon!

I agree, the colors really shine on this 2.0. There's the usual structural problems with the spine and the detached cover, and a stain in the upper left of the cover, but she shows well. And it's really a "win win" for everyone -- I won't be driving up the prices on the upcoming Science 2 copies in the May and the June CC auctions. (thumbsu  I can just sit back, relax, and eat popcorn:popcorn:

BTW I had uploaded the image from my iPhone; it looked great on the iPhone screen, but now seeing it on my computer, that image is low-res shabbiness. So just for the record, here is a higher res image:

Science_2_300_8w_5q_zps4uo8knq7.jpg

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

further, as regards #7, i note that my formerly census-topping 4.0 has fallen to 2nd; i assume that's jon's mile high now sitting at 8.0.

Any idea if this CGC 8.0 copy was added to the census around the same time that the other Church MM books were added?  ???

Just curious that the Church copy of Mystery Men 7 would only grade out as a CGC 8.0 copy since Chuck had it listed in his catalogue as a NM copy.  Of course, Chuck might have missed a few minor defects or the book could have incur some defects in the interim.  hm

Maybe a 8.0 is going to be as high as we are going to get with this particular issue here.  (shrug)

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

further, as regards #7, i note that my formerly census-topping 4.0 has fallen to 2nd; i assume that's jon's mile high now sitting at 8.0.

JB's books are changing the census on quite a few 

On 4/8/2017 at 7:04 PM, Zolnerowich said:

Thanks Ltpink, Gino, Jack, and Jon!

I agree, the colors really shine on this 2.0. There's the usual structural problems with the spine and the detached cover, and a stain in the upper left of the cover, but she shows well. And it's really a "win win" for everyone -- I won't be driving up the prices on the upcoming Science 2 copies in the May and the June CC auctions. (thumbsu  I can just sit back, relax, and eat popcorn:popcorn:

BTW I had uploaded the image from my iPhone; it looked great on the iPhone screen, but now seeing it on my computer, that image is low-res shabbiness. So just for the record, here is a higher res image:

Science_2_300_8w_5q_zps4uo8knq7.jpg

Hi-res is good-res!  Sweet book.