• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Denver

cc3b6887-df12-4f0e-a460-210e64fa5ffe_zps

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Beautiful copies of cool books!

Just amazing books!

That poor girl tied to the gas tank; though she really doesn't look all that worried. I guess she's already read this story. :insane:

1 minute ago, Zolnerowich said:

Just amazing books!

That poor girl tied to the gas tank; though she really doesn't look all that worried. I guess she's already read this story. :insane:

Or she figures there are two guys with guns for her and only one guy with a knife against her. :)

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:
On 3/26/2017 at 3:56 PM, Sqeggs said:

Soaring higher than his prices! 

I can jump higher than my prices.

Your stuff would be cheap at twice the price! :sumo:

2 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:
11 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Your stuff would be cheap at twice the price! :sumo:

or is it at half the price! (shrug)

I believe it's half of twice the price. hm

6 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

Someone here cashing out their Fox collection? Massive amount of stuff just appeared on CC for auction and its not JB's stuff.

1 hour ago, HRCostigan said:

The end is near :preach:

Or we're just getting started :preach:

Wow. There's just about something for everyone. The well might run dry before JB's stuff even gets listed. (Well, my well may well be dry, anyhow.)

3 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:
10 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

Someone here cashing out their Fox collection? Massive amount of stuff just appeared on CC for auction and its not JB's stuff.

5 hours ago, HRCostigan said:

The end is near :preach:

Or we're just getting started :preach:

Wow. There's just about something for everyone. The well might run dry before JB's stuff even gets listed. (Well, my well may well be dry, anyhow.)

Yes, looks like a bit of stuff from almost every single one of the major Fox titles.  (thumbsu

Definitely a lot more Fox in this one auction than we are normally used to seeing, although the vast majority of them are in the relatively lower to mid grade condition range.  So, definitely not something that's going to be competing directly against Jon's pedigree Fox books, which are scheduled for the next auction.

Not quite sure if this was the best move on the consignor's part since he could have pulled his lots and wait for Jon's collection of Fox books to go through and hopefully add further momentum to the Fox market.  The other choice and the one which he took was to be the first fox into the hen house and to grab as many of the chickens as he could before the rest of the foxes descended onto the hen house.  Based upon the timing, all of the books were probably already sitting at CC when Jon's big announcement came and the consignor was then caught between a rock and a hard place.  hm

11 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Larson

8029b1b5-b762-400d-bc5d-acbba85f1736_zps

10 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Larson (de-slabbed 9.2)

ccc04a66-b92b-493e-8fe2-f17b8a0c46ad_zps

10 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Denver

Pretty hard to sum up ANY appropriate words for these beauties!! Someone please come pick up my jaw!!

23 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, looks like a bit of stuff from almost every single one of the major Fox titles.  (thumbsu

Definitely a lot more Fox in this one auction than we are normally used to seeing, although the vast majority of them are in the relatively lower to mid grade condition range.  So, definitely not something that's going to be competing directly against Jon's pedigree Fox books, which are scheduled for the next auction.

Not quite sure if this was the best move on the consignor's part since he could have pulled his lots and wait for Jon's collection of Fox books to go through and hopefully add further momentum to the Fox market.  The other choice and the one which he took was to be the first fox into the hen house and to grab as many of the chickens as he could before the rest of the foxes descended onto the hen house.  Based upon the timing, all of the books were probably already sitting at CC when Jon's big announcement came and the consignor was then caught between a rock and a hard place.  hm

We're probably looking at two basically unrelated markets, even though both groups have Fox books. For example, it will be pointless for me to bid on Jon's Fox books, while the other batch may hold some possibilities. GOD BLESS..

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

44 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

We're probably looking at two basically unrelated markets, even though both groups have Fox books. For example, it will be pointless for me to bid on Jon's Fox books, while the other batch may hold some possibilities.

+1

We are most definitely looking at 2 completely different markets here, with the current run of Fox books generally running in the 2.0 to 5.0 grade range, while the bulk of Jon's Fox books would be in the 9.0 and up grade range.  (thumbsu

My thinking was really nothing more than the concept that a rising tide generally tends to lift all boats.  In this sense, the momentum created by the sale of Jon's HG Fox books might possibly have translated into higher auction prices going forward, even for the relatively lower grade Fox books if they had been placed into one of the subsequent auctions.  hm  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

55 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

We're probably looking at two basically unrelated markets, even though both groups have Fox books. For example, it will be pointless for me to bid on Jon's Fox books, while the other batch may hold some possibilities. GOD BLESS..

There are 3 high grade Fox runs:  Wonderworld, Mystery Men and Fantastic.  There will be a mix of grades in the other titles so there may be a book with your name on it.

43 minutes ago, adamstrange said:
1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

There are 3 high grade Fox runs:  Wonderworld, Mystery Men and Fantastic.  There will be a mix of grades in the other titles so there may be a book with your name on it.

For some reason, I think the current consignor of these Fox books will not exactly be jumping for joy to hear this news.  :gossip:  lol

Although I personally do believe there's been a long drought between some of these Fox books, so I certainly do expect the demand and bids to be there for both auctions.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:
13 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Larson

8029b1b5-b762-400d-bc5d-acbba85f1736_zps

12 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Larson (de-slabbed 9.2)

ccc04a66-b92b-493e-8fe2-f17b8a0c46ad_zps

12 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Denver

Pretty hard to sum up ANY appropriate words for these beauties!! Someone please come pick up my jaw!!

I absolutely love the use of the various colors on these Fox books, and especially how strong and vibrant these colors are on Steve's pedigree copies here.  :cloud9:

28 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

For some reason, I think the current consignor of these Fox books will not exactly be jumping for joy to hear this news.  :gossip:  lol

Although I personally do believe there's been a long drought between some of these Fox books, so I certainly do expect the demand and bids to be there for both auctions.  (thumbsu

You'll see slight corrections in the lesser demand stuff..... a large enough sample size to be quantifiable. Still, these books are loaded with intrigue, probably not many bargains will be had. GOD BLESS....

The only 2 things i can say with absolute certainty is that 1. I love my wife and children more than anything else in my existence and 2. I don't have enough money to buy everything i want in these upcoming auctions ?