• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

You mean this one?

IMG_1788.JPG.d1c5b71a8b0ca6821a10fb9069775ca7.JPG

Haha, that affinity seems pretty certain to me! But what a coincidence that your avatar so closely resembles the cover image...! :o(:

The colors on that copy are amazing, incredible presenting for the grade.

Wow, some surprisingly soft prices on most of the CC Weird Comics that finished tonight. (Maybe everyone was busy outbidding me on the Zips instead!) I wasn't home when the Weirds finished but I now wish I'd thrown in bids on a few. Definitely thought they'd go higher, go figure.

The #20 though went strong as usual. Still hope I can someday find one with colors that nice.

The Weirds were probably overshadowed by the Wonderworlds, and most of them were in low grade. Not that I wouldn't mind owning a set!

Anyone here get the Wonderworld 7? No movement at auction's end. Can't deny I was tempted, even though the cover colors weren't 100%...

1 hour ago, goldust40 said:

The Weirds were probably overshadowed by the Wonderworlds, and most of them were in low grade. Not that I wouldn't mind owning a set!

Anyone here get the Wonderworld 7? No movement at auction's end. Can't deny I was tempted, even though the cover colors weren't 100%...

I saw that copy in hand once looked over graded with the back stains and surprised no action at the end .

10 hours ago, Point Five said:

Wow, some surprisingly soft prices on most of the CC Weird Comics that finished tonight. (Maybe everyone was busy outbidding me on the Zips instead!) I wasn't home when the Weirds finished but I now wish I'd thrown in bids on a few. Definitely thought they'd go higher, go figure.

The #20 though went strong as usual. Still hope I can someday find one with colors that nice.

I was able to snag the #19 so now i have 18,19, and 20 and i originally set out to get the last 4 issues so I am getting there!! I don't like these scans at CC lately but here it is...One win for the whole auction...

Weird Comics #19

2 hours ago, comicjack said:

I saw that copy in hand once looked over graded with the back stains and surprised no action at the end .

I picked up the #7 and I agree it looked about a point overgraded based on the stain at the top of the bc so I bid what I thought a 5.0 might go for and ended up winning.

9 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Is there a way to see closed prices on CC? I know you can't  on comiclink unless you bid.

Do you get their e-mails?  If so, the e-mails have an individual link for every book being auctioned.

I thought long and hard about the Weird 20, but just couldn't pull the trigger on a book in that condition for that price.  Of course, just try to find another copy!

23 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

You mean this one?

IMG_1788.JPG.d1c5b71a8b0ca6821a10fb9069775ca7.JPG

Haha, that affinity seems pretty certain to me! But what a coincidence that your avatar so closely resembles the cover image...! :o(:

I think that book was a great pickup at the price, given how sharp it looks for the grade.

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

but thanks:)

I'd be happy to look up the prices of any books you're interested in.

I think the prices from their auctions all show up on GPA.  Not sure how long the delay may be.  

14 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I'd be happy to look up the prices of any books you're interested in.

I think the prices from their auctions all show up on GPA.  Not sure how long the delay may be.  

That's sweet of you, thanks:) I was just curious about a few. I actually do have a few emails, I bid on a few things to see the prices, but I don't see links to others.

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

That's sweet of you, thanks:) I was just curious about a few. I actually do have a few emails, I bid on a few things to see the prices, but I don't see links to others.

I had a bunch on the watch list Sha if you specific books let me know and i can see take a look

Just now, gino2paulus2 said:

I had a bunch on the watch list Sha if you specific books let me know and i can see take a look

Thanks, Gino.

I don't even know which books I'm curious about, lol. I was just curious. I don't normally bid on their books, but I did bid on the Fantastic 22, I stopped because I had a feeling you were going to bid. I might be sorry I stopped;) I saw that closing bid.

I wish GPA designated which books were sold where, that would help.

Just now, skypinkblu said:

Thanks, Gino.

I don't even know which books I'm curious about, lol. I was just curious. I don't normally bid on their books, but I did bid on the Fantastic 22, I stopped because I had a feeling you were going to bid. I might be sorry I stopped;) I saw that closing bid.

I wish GPA designated which books were sold where, that would help.

Well thanks Sha!!! I am sorry i didn't bid either i honestly just thought it would bring so much more without my assistance. Oh well hopefully there's a couple next times!!