• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2017 at 7:46 PM, Zolnerowich said:

What a great copy of a rare book! Looks like some Hollywood starlet dangling over the precipice. I turned the book upside down and had a careful study.  Joan Crawford? Vivian Leigh? Katherine Hepburn? (kinda out of my element with those 30's starlets)

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

And just how old do you think the rest of us are? :taptaptap:

I think I read in the Comic Book Enquirer that the average age of the Gold boardies is 85. You see, Action Comics #1 was released when they were 6 years old, the most vulnerable time in one's life to become a lifelong Gold addict.

22 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:
On 4/11/2017 at 8:46 PM, Zolnerowich said:

What a great copy of a rare book! Looks like some Hollywood starlet dangling over the precipice. I turned the book upside down and had a careful study.  Joan Crawford? Vivian Leigh? Katherine Hepburn? (kinda out of my element with those 30's starlets)

On 4/12/2017 at 7:52 PM, Sqeggs said:

And just how old do you think the rest of us are? :taptaptap:

I think I read in the Comic Book Enquirer that the average age of the Gold boardies is 85. You see, Action Comics #1 was released when they were 6 years old, the most vulnerable time in one's life to become a lifelong Gold addict.

Yes. I remember seeing it on the stands, but I had a terrible nicotine habit in those days, so I bought a cigar instead. :cry: 

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Yes. I remember seeing it on the stands, but I had a terrible nicotine habit in those days, so I bought a cigar instead. :cry: 

Now that's funny!! Wouldn't expect anything less from the Sqeggs the Wit-Master!

Here's a new pickup that will tickle the sweet spot of at least one or two Fox lovers here. :D I was struck by the cool colors and bizarre layout of this cover when I saw Jon Berk's lovely copy last month, and was quite amazed to score a copy of my own just weeks later. Final issue of the title, and from that very tough late 1941/early 1942 period (think Weird #20, Fantastic #22) when print runs were at their lowest. The interior stories are crazy... very high body counts in most until the good guy finally ekes out a win.

flame8.jpg

26 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

that is one mean welder.

Very true. If you're putting together an Angry Welder theme collection, this right here is pretty much your grail.

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

Here's a new pickup that will tickle the sweet spot of at least one or two Fox lovers here. :D I was struck by the cool colors and bizarre layout of this cover when I saw Jon Berk's lovely copy last month, and was quite amazed to score a copy of my own just weeks later. Final issue of the title, and from that very tough late 1941/early 1942 period (think Weird #20, Fantastic #22) when print runs were at their lowest. The interior stories are crazy... very high body counts in most until the good guy finally ekes out a win.

flame8.jpg

What a cover(:

8 hours ago, Point Five said:

flame8.jpg

A beautifully bizarre cover! Great perspectives. 

Seriously, that's gotta be one of the slower ways to "86" someone. The Flame probably decided just to hang out in a diner for a few hours, sipping on ice cream sodas and chatting with the soda jerk, timing his arrival for maximal drama and front cover headlines!

9 hours ago, Point Five said:

flame8.jpg

Great book brother!! Super tough, awesome cover, and awesome interior ??

9 hours ago, Point Five said:

flame8.jpg

Beauty! Nice pick up there!  Uncommon.

20 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

My biggest book pickup in the last year. :banana: This and Mystery Men 10 were the two Fox books I was not sure I was going to be able to pick up. 

cross posted in have a cigar!

IMG_3196.jpg

Sweet!  I love Lou Fine!!