• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,236 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

Hey, I just noticed I cracked 1000 posts, as Dart and Ace move to the right...

wei6.82a.jpg

lpsunburst: I’m loving this!!! :headbang:

So was Weird 2 the last book you needed to complete the run?

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

lpsunburst: I’m loving this!!! :headbang:

So was Weird 2 the last book you needed to complete the run?

There were 3 Berk copies that I was missing and I picked up 2 others as upgrades so actually 25% of my collection came from Jon. I will say that I was very lucky to grab those as a couple were the first copies I had seen come to market in the 5 or 6 years I have been working on the run.

So, picking back up with issue 11, again not very imaginative but very comparable to the same time period issues of Wonderworld, Fantastic and Mystery Men. The only odd thing is that the background really is purple on this issue.

img367.jpg

Issue 12 goes back to the yellow background but it has the spotlight technique used to add a little interest, this technique was used off and on by a number of publishers during the period and all the way up through today. I forgot to add that this is one of the Berk copies that just never comes up, really tough.

wei6.86a.jpg

Edited by lpsunburst

55 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

And last but certainly not least, the infamous issue 20 with Hitler and Churchill on the cover, this one is in very high demand these days. I hope you all enjoyed seeing these, I hope to post another full Fox run very soon.

img137.jpg

Hearty congratulations!!! Looking forward to your next act.

BTW I love how you encapsulate the history of the early GA through the window of these Weird books.

Edited by Zolnerowich
Added text.

2 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

With issue 17 we go even more patriotic by putting the Eagle on the cover, has to be something to counter the swastikas.

img315.jpg

Issue 18 ranks right up there with being one the absolute strangest covers ever, as mentioned at the beginning, the covers get very interesting at the end of the run and this is a classic example, another very difficult book.

img368.jpg

Issue 19, Nazis, torpedoes, U Boats... 

wei6.94a.jpg

And last but certainly not least, the infamous issue 20 with Hitler and Churchill on the cover, this one is in very high demand these days. I hope you all enjoyed seeing these, I hope to post another full Fox run very soon.

img137.jpg

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! Thanks for sharing i started liking on the previous page then realized your mission and what a mission it was!!! WELL done good sir!! It's no MYSTERY these days how FANTASTIC the WONDERful WORLD of the WEIRD run is!!!