• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

And last but certainly not least, the infamous issue 20 with Hitler and Churchill on the cover, this one is in very high demand these days. I hope you all enjoyed seeing these, I hope to post another full Fox run very soon.

:applause:

Great show, great run. Well done!

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

i can only imagine how much fun to complete a whole s/h fox run  i've had a blast assembling and upgrading my limited-scope runs.   only have 4 weirds...

weird1.jpg

weird2.jpg

love me some yella.

weird3_1.jpg

weird4-1.jpg

Mr Parker is ready for the postseason look at that LINEUP!!!!!! I have been an avid late issue collector first but i've definitely been persuaded as each time i see these early issues i like them more and more and these copies are simply stunning well done BP love seeing em'!!! 

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

i can only imagine how much fun to complete a whole s/h fox run  i've had a blast assembling and upgrading my limited-scope runs.   only have 4 weirds...

I can only imagine how much money it would take to complete a Fox run in today's robust marketplace.

Unfortunately for myself, I've never had the intestinal fortitude or money to complete anywhere close to an entire Fox run.  Although I tried to pick up my first Weird, I only ended up being the under bidder on the Weird 3 in the Jon Berk auction.  As a result, I have something like only 1 Fantastic, 1 Science, a small smattering of Wonderworlds, along with only a limited run of Mystery Men's. 

Definitely nothing close to what most of the other Fox aficionados on these boards have. 

21 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:
On 10/4/2017 at 10:36 AM, lou_fine said:

Was reading the Scoop Newsletter from last Friday and noticed that a CGC 8.0 copy of Wonderworld 6 sold for $5,700.  :whatthe:

Was wondering if anybody here has a link to that book as I wouldn't mind taking a look at it as that sure seems like a pretty strong price for that book in that grade. 

22 hours ago, TheWatcher said:

White pages. One of top 2 graded. Price kinda makes sense in that context, and in this current era... Though the added pencil work coming off the lady's hair -- looking like some decorative bird coil headgear -- is a distraction.

Well, if you take inflation into account, I guess it sold for a reasonable amount considering that the still highest 9.2 graded copy sold for something like $4,200 or $4,500 17 long years ago back in one of the Greg Manning auctions.  :whatthe:

But comparatively speaking, it seemed high when compared against the the recent sale of the highest graded copy of Mystery Men 11 which some lucky bidder was able to snatch up for only a mere $3,900 in the just completed CC auction:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=721161&title=MYSTERYMEN COMICS

Especially when you consider that a raw 7.0 copy "was sold" for $5,700 back in the Jon Berk auction, which is significantly lower in condition than the highest graded copy that sold for only $3,900.   ???  (shrug)

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I can only imagine how much money it would take to complete a Fox run in today's robust marketplace.

Unfortunately for myself, I've never had the intestinal fortitude or money to complete anywhere close to an entire Fox run.  Although I tried to pick up my first Weird, I only ended up being the under bidder on the Weird 3 in the Jon Berk auction.  As a result, I have something like only 1 Fantastic, 1 Science, a small smattering of Wonderworlds, along with only a limited run of Mystery Men's. 

Definitely nothing close to what most of the other Fox aficionados on these boards have. 

absolutely nothing wrong with and that sounds pretty similar to what I have as well. I've always considered the collection to be, "in progress" so as long as the ones you do have put a smile on your face I would say you are doing A-OK ?

On 10/5/2017 at 3:57 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

Since it's been getting so WEIRD around here if no one minds i will post the only 3 i have been lucky enough to snag.

Weird Comics #18 CGC 2.5Weird Comics #19Weird Comics #20 134672426040_daccb9998b_b.jpg

A formidable trio, Sir!! Those Weirds have wings. :angel:

24 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Well, it was published by Fox and my posting it does get this thread back on the first page and ... and ... that's all I got. :sorry:

Wally Wood cover!   :whatthe:

Just now, Point Five said:
25 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Well, it was published by Fox and my posting it does get this thread back on the first page and ... and ... that's all I got. :sorry:

Wally Wood cover!   :whatthe:

Yep, he always could do GGA. 

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

2017-10-11-0001_zps2le2muor.jpg

Probably the most sought after Fox after Fantastic 3. If the Church copy comes to auction..... :insane:

1 hour ago, sagii said:
3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

2017-10-11-0001_zps2le2muor.jpg

Probably the most sought after Fox after Fantastic 3. If the Church copy comes to auction..... :insane:

You know what?  I was just looking at my spreadsheet.  I bought this raw from WorldWide and Ritter said it is the Church copy.  I'm sure I noted that on the invoice, but I guess the graders weren't buying it.  Ritter knows this stuff, though, so he's probably right.  

35 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

You know what?  I was just looking at my spreadsheet.  I bought this raw from WorldWide and Ritter said it is the Church copy.  I'm sure I noted that on the invoice, but I guess the graders weren't buying it.  Ritter knows this stuff, though, so he's probably right.  

Wow! How ironic! Maybe you should resub?