• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2017 at 11:24 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

Not really a set and my apologies for posting so many pics lately but I'm just head over heels. I've been contemplating getting a shot with these two rare last issue #2's since i first ever laid eyes on em' and now i finally have the chance thanks to TWO AWESOME boardies!! Both out in early 1942. Lots of 2's in there haha!! 

Rare Fox #2s

Wow! That really is quite the 1-2 Punch there! Absolutely beautiful!

Anyone else watching the Science Comics #2 CGC 2.0 on Hake's? It's up to about $2600 with the BP. Ye cats!

https://www.hakes.com/Auction/ItemDetail/210284/SCIENCE-COMICS-2-MARCH-1940-CGC-20-GOOD

2 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Sorry I sold my copy during a weak moment. :sorry:

I remember that, it was the first time I had seen that cover. Pretty sure you listed a Wonderworld 7 around that time as well.

On 3/7/2017 at 5:14 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

Thanks so much everyone i appreciate it!! To RM and Johnny not sure how i missed quoting those sweet Foxs but well done!! 

I would say i paid a little over guide for the #2 hehe!! The cats definitely out of the bag on these I'm wondering if results will bring more out of the woodworks but only time will tell. The Rockford has changed hands a few times and i saw the other recent Heritage copy that brought very strong money. A #2 has recently populated on the census making the 5th copy that graded out at a 9.2 :whatthe: One has to wonder who that belongs too and if it will be auctioned off in the near future?hm

Thanks again guys i am Super psyched!!!

Congrats on getting those two V-Comics.  It really is amazing that there should be five 9.2s of the No. 2.  I wonder if they are five different copies or possibly represent a resub or two? hm

I've never had a Science #2 but it's been one I've wanted for a while. Remember passing up quite a few low-grade copies in the $400-500 range, back in the day.  :cry:

23 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I've never had a Science #2 but it's been one I've wanted for a while. Remember passing up quite a few low-grade copies in the $400-500 range, back in the day.  :cry:

I'm surprised Jon.  Considering your avatar , I just assumed you had all of them.  I'm sure you have a book or two you could sell to fund a copy.... :baiting:

2 hours ago, october said:

I remember that, it was the first time I had seen that cover. Pretty sure you listed a Wonderworld 7 around that time as well.

You have a very good memory, Andy.

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Congrats on getting those two V-Comics.  It really is amazing that there should be five 9.2s of the No. 2.  I wonder if they are five different copies or possibly represent a resub or two? hm

Haha!! Thanks T!! I should clear that up i meant that is 5 total copies on the census i have seen and this newest one to be added was a 9.2 not (5) 9.2s total.?

back on topic WOW on that Science #2!! presents pretty well for the grade this is my kind of book. For those concerned i would love to have it but won't be participating so bid away without fear of me jacking it up even more ?

13 hours ago, piper said:

I'm surprised Jon.  Considering your avatar , I just assumed you had all of them.  I'm sure you have a book or two you could sell to fund a copy.... :baiting:

Thanks, but nope... at these prices, a Science #2 is just not going to happen. Will have to be content with this other krap instead.  :whatev:

2rc6erq.jpg

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

Thanks, but nope... at these prices, a Science #2 is just not going to happen. Will have to be content with this other krap instead.  :whatev:

2rc6erq.jpg

1 hour ago, comicjack said:

Yeah those are all garbage J    :applause:

Yessir, not much going on with those beaters.

:angel: :angel:

:luhv:

Fascinating seeing all of those side by side. Lou Fine really seemed to have a preferred stance and posture for his Electro/Dynamo guy, and for the Flame too.

4 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Yessir, not much going on with those beaters.

:angel: :angel:

:luhv:

Fascinating seeing all of those side by side. Lou Fine really seemed to have a preferred stance and posture for his Electro/Dynamo guy, and for the Flame too.

(worship) Nice to see the group shot! I'd love to see some more shots like that.

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

2rc6erq.jpg

Watch and learn from the master!! That right there is how it is done folks!! WOWZERS!!????

3 hours ago, Point Five said:

2rc6erq.jpg

NICE! :applause:

..And don't count out a Science 2 yet: Iv'e two or three books in my collection i had chalked up to "well, never gonna own that one". Sometimes timing, circumstance and A LOT of luck is your best friend

3 hours ago, Point Five said:

2rc6erq.jpg

Beautiful! 

Love the Science 1....and especially the Science 4.