• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Well let me start by sayin great pickup SB!!!!!! Flame 6 is AWESOME and tough as nails they rarely come up for sale. I don't think anyone would disagree if I said it was the neatest cover of the short run. The first Splash while strange is still Hitler gettin a good ol much deserved flame gun butt whoopin as well. Census less than 10 by CGC and heritage only 2 sales last one 7 years ago. 

All this being said SB let's see it brother!!!!!!!

I'll post it when I'm back home I'm away on vacation right now. It's solid 

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

Wasn't me, I already have this... :) 

74c325c8-a19d-4f44-969d-9ce1d7c29add_zps

If everyone agrees this looks like a good and fitting end to this thread ? JK holy cow Steve you getting that slabbed well it looks worthy?!!

1 hour ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Thank you. I got it for less than a grand and my top on it was a grand. So I was happy. 

They were asking more than $1k for it. And I knew you would bargain them down once you got there. They were rather foolish. Should have sold it to you for what you offered online. They assumed you would pay $1000 for it so they priced it above that. I saw some mid grade graded Flame 5's and 7's sold at auction just a few months prior for half that. I knew the 6 was not common, but I figured those were reasonable comps absent any recent auction sales of the 6. It's not a 1st app or special book otherwise. 

Edited by PhilipB2k17

12 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Wasn't me, I already have this... :) 

74c325c8-a19d-4f44-969d-9ce1d7c29add_zps

FYI, I bought this from Verzyl back in 1991.  I called Berk in 1992-1993 offering it to him as I knew he liked Larsons. He passed on it as he already had the MH Copy. Full circle! :)

On 7/1/2017 at 2:02 PM, Johnny545 said:

95bdd121-17c2-4f69-acee-3b9c54159450_zps

What a COOL book!!! Those creatures suffering from exophthalmos are about about to get their just deserves for attacking that Foxy Snow Leopard the way they are!! 

2 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

And here is one of my MM 8's recently released from prison.

img201.jpg

What was the sentence from CGC on this MM 8 before it made its successful escape from prison?  lol

Love the bright colours on this book.  :luhv:

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

What was the sentence from CGC on this MM 8 before it made its successful escape from prison?  lol

It wasnt CGC hence the parole.

47 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

Here is a new addition to the Fox Den thanks to a fellow boardie.

img348.jpg

43 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

And here is one of my MM 8's recently released from prison.

img201.jpg

Delightful!!!!!

56 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

It wasnt CGC hence the parole.

Oh, I see......so I guess it must have been from PGX or that Halo Certification company from down under.  hm

Can't think of any other grading company that we would be allow to mention here.  lol

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Oh, I see......so I guess it must have been from PGX or that Halo Certification company from down under.  hm

Can't think of any other grading company that we would be allow to mention here.  lol

(thumbsu