• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me something I've never seen!

203 posts in this topic

Careful - Later reproductions of those Time Travellers are floating around. They appeared in some sort of publication that I cant' remember now; can't remember if it was a fanzine or other major mag. The point is, there are some reprints in the mix.

If it's real, though, it's a major piece and should be considered valuable.

notinoverstreet.jpg

Water_supply_front.jpg

I know this thread is mostly done but when I saw the Story of Water Supply, I had to get in a pic of mine... looks like yours is from Palm Springs? Mine is from Oakland East Bay MUD from '69... not listed in Overstreet by the way.

For Simpson's fans, there is also this Bartman and Radioactive Man #1 comic. Despite the size of the scan, it's actually a 1/2 size comic. I cannot find it in Overstreet anywhere. There's no price so maybe it's a promotional comic?

Bartman_Radioactive_Man_1_front.jpg

VG or better condition buy prices from Max Seeley of Montreal, Quebec Canada dated 1974. Think prices are in Canadian funds but back then the loonie was almost on par with the US greenback.

Note: Conan # 1 $2.50 was red hot back then & almost the same value as X-men v. 1 #1 $3. confused.gif

seeleybc.jpg

Sorry the 1974-75 buy ad is hard to read.

Avengers 1 $8, Capt America 100 $0.50, DD # 1 $3, FF #1 vg+ $40, #48 25c, Hulk #1 $10, #181 10c yay.gif

Vg or better buy prices:

JIM #83 $10, Marvel Spotlight #5 20c, Marv Team Up #1 50c, Spidey 1 $30 which is MORE than Amaz Fant #15 vg+ $25.

Tales Suspense 39 Iron Man $7, TTA #27 Antman $10, S Surfer #1 $1, Surfer #4 40c. screwy.gif

Hi,

The Bartman & Radioactive Man Ashcan One-Shot was distributed in 1994 and was an insert in Hero Illustrated. (A Wizard magazine clone.) gossip.gif

Careful - Later reproductions of those Time Travellers are floating around. They appeared in some sort of publication that I cant' remember now; can't remember if it was a fanzine or other major mag. The point is, there are some reprints in the mix.

If it's real, though, it's a major piece and should be considered valuable.

It's the real deal and one of the finest copies, though I really wouldn't care if it looked like a dishrag. My other copies are not quite as nice.

For Simpson's fans, there is also this Bartman and Radioactive Man #1 comic. Despite the size of the scan, it's actually a 1/2 size comic. I cannot find it in Overstreet anywhere. There's no price so maybe it's a promotional comic?

Bartman_Radioactive_Man_1_front.jpg

That was my first comic book I ever bought. It's a great little book. I wish Bongo would produce more of them and sell them at retail outlets for 99¢.

This probably qualifies.

Back in the old days before the internet, the way that fans communicated with each other was through amatuer-produced fanzines. This is from the very first series of fanzines from the world of Science Fiction. I don't know the size of the print run, but it would have been pretty small and only a handful of copies have survived.

Some of the fans later went on to have long careers in comics and magazine publishing.

TimeTrav.jpg

Holy [embarrassing lack of self control]. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Her's something you probably have never seen and probably never wanted too. Just found this in my collection the other day, cracks me up.IMG.jpg

Hey, I got one of those too. Limited, numbered, and signed. I remember getting it in the mail for free as a promotional item that apparently was given to "dealers", of which I was/am not, but I got one anyway.

Ok, here's one more. An underground, I guess. I don't know if it's already posted, This thread is too long for me to review. Anyway, here it is. ( Later I'll throw up a sweet copy of a Charlton giveaway entitled "The Comic Book Guide for the Artist-Writer-Letterer". Contains Tom Sutton contributions.)

mogobi0001.jpg

Here's one I think no one has seen on these boards before... And that's a mighty bold statement!

An 8 page Carls Jr. giveaway from the 80's. No publication info at all. It's more like a little puzzle and game menu, but has one page of sequential art:

carlsjr.jpg