• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me something I've never seen!

203 posts in this topic

That Charlton guide is super rare - especially considering it's the revised edition. In fact, I didn't even know it existed. $30 - what a bargain!

Some contributions

Early Bolland covers

33_1.JPG

Ditko

17_1.JPG

Phantom Lady bandit

61_1.JPG

893scratchchin-thumb.gif actually....if it still existed.....it could be a problem. frown.gif

Yikes!! I didn't think about that.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, I actually hope it moldered away and recycled itself about 35 years ago. wink.gif

That Charlton guide is super rare - especially considering it's the revised edition. In fact, I didn't even know it existed. $30 - what a bargain!

$30 was for a beater copy I saw on ebay. I sent away for mine back in 1970's directly from Charlton, all by my little self, and have kept it ever since. I've never seen a decent copy for sale anywhere to help me figure out what the value of mine is.

This isn't a comic, but still kinda cool. We see lots of vintage anti-communist stuff,

but here's a pro-communist booklet from the former USSR circa 1984, meant to be

distributed to tourists or sent abroad. It's full of propaganda explaining Soviet views on the

cold war. "The New Threat to Europe: Who Is To Blame?"...luckily, the cover image

answers that question for us, juxtaposing a US missile with a mountain of skulls! 40

pages of anti-US sentiment. I'd guess almost all remaining copies were destroyed after

the USSR dissolved.

Neat book. You should post that in the anti-communist thread anyway.

It makes for a great reference. thumbsup2.gif

I've still got a copy of 'Road Rash'. It think it came shrink-wrapped to a deck I bought back in the day. I'm going to have to dig it out. Has a great step-by-step on the back cover. cool.gif

Finally found it... thumbsup2.gif

roadrashfc.jpg

ollietograb.jpg

supersbox.jpg

superrecord.jpg

supereprintcover.jpg

I truly love this!! I have never seen this before and I love old vinyl. Where did you get this Kenny? What does the album contain? Stories like an old radio show or music? This is way cool to see.

Scott

I bought this off Ebay several years ago. I am not really a Supes fan by rule, but hit the BIN when I saw what great shape it was in. Probably the best item condition wise in my collection..( I think I will be keeping this item. cloud9.gif) It is apparent it was never opened, or if it was, it never was played with by a kid who might have used it.

The record is meant to go along with the comic book (the little green arrow box on the cover explains this if you can read it in the photo). It has an origin story unique to this set. I can only imagine getting it as a kid and listenting to it.

I kinda forgot about it till I saw this thread recently.

Ze-

I will never sell it

I'm sure you say this, but when the right Supes freak comes along

with a boat load of cash...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I changed it to," I think.. I will keep it"..never say never right?

Ze-

Here is the back cover, I forgot how cool it was as well. I meant to ask people who know, this comic cover was printed on Baxter Paper( that right?) does Baxter paper brown/age like other paper ephemera?.. Reason I ask is, even though this book did not probably ever see the light of day for 40 years. It is SO white, bone white is a term I rarely ever use. But this term applies to this book. Is it due to being kept in the dark all these years, or due to the type of paper it was printed on?

Anybody have knowledge of Baxter paper comics, and how they age compared to regular books?

supersback.jpg

I do have better copies of this ditto thing I printed in 1970, meanwhile here's a glimpse of a cover drawn by 2 underground comix legends, the creator of Maus and a founding member of Bijou Comix:

privatepaper.jpg

Try finding Famous Funnies #217 - you won't! They rejected thiis last of the Frazetta Buck Rogers covers.

Only one was printed, and given to the nephew of the office janitor's second cousin, who left it in a taxi driven by my great uncle's mother-in-law thrice removed...

fffbr-217.jpg

Here is an interesting book from the early 1900s. It is for the Landon School in Cleveland, Ohio. The booklet talks about opportunities in illustration and cartooning. Features fine advertising illustrations, political cartoons, etc. It also mentions how to make a drawing profitable and more.

1314227-landon-school.jpg

1314227-landon-school.jpg.87dc116f2cd4130d061b047bbb0d116c.jpg