• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me something I've never seen!

203 posts in this topic

:bump: for newer members. :D

Love seeing oddities. (thumbs u

I'll toss these up because they're just... cool. :cloud9: These are still the only ones I've ever seen (not that I've been looking).

Huge laminated DC Comics/Pepsi "placemats" with iconic art on the front and origins on the back.

DCplacemat1.jpgDCplacemat2.jpg

DCplacemat4.jpgDCplacemat5.jpg

Next up is a bunch of digests. I'll start with a Canadian giveaway - Radiation & Man. This was published in 1972 by the Canadian Nuclear Association, and basically extols the virtues of radiation/atomic energy & technology. Maybe some of our older Canadian members can comment as to whether or not there was a growing tension toward splitting atoms around this time that may have prompted this. confused-smiley-013.gif

1272701-radiation%26man.JPG

Doesn't this remind you of a Dr. Manhattan prototype? (shrug)

Probably not an oddity and no doubt most have seen this before. This three-in-one lenticular poster was given out to people who attended the advance Dark Knight screening.

It was soon fetching stupid money on eBay, mine's still tucked up safely in my wardrobe :grin:

Lenticular.jpg

1000 printed..I know you've never seen these before, as I was told, they bombed in Japan... here is one: Japanese Spiderman, read backwards...

79789.jpg.6e7b54293c9ce9143b68b20823cff831.jpg

79790.jpg.543b5686eba968e783ee3fc8557462c4.jpg

79791.jpg.fc147ea4a30cb499546f34c55f20ce3c.jpg

Here's something you've never seen.

DetroitConMay09066.jpg

:eek: you got that right....

Here is a modern independent rarity. This is a mini-comic that was only sold for a short time via mail order from Slave Labor (which is how I got mine, at the age of 16). I have only seen one other copy of it ever. I don't think most Milk and Cheese fans even know that it exists.

mcmini.jpg

Here is a pic of october's Milk & Cheese Mini.

79813.jpg.253f576535d35634ff1665abdd0c5733.jpg