• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Punisher #1 CGC 9.8.....WTF??!?!?!?!?!

214 posts in this topic

Well, thankfully I wasn't out speculating and buying up 90's cr@p like you were. 27_laughing.gif

I know this is why you're bitter on the topic.

Man, you must be a rank newbie to spew that BS. 27_laughing.gif

Anyone who's been here a week knows I despise moderns and haven't bought any new comics since I sold off all my Valiants during the speculation rush, and turned a big wad of store credit into HG Bronze. I never looked back and never got burned once by anything I've bought.

But of course, you'd already know that if you paid attention.

Let's see....I remember you saying that you bought books through atleast 1992 and then there is your admission to speculating on a couple as well. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Careful with all that HG Bronze....according to andy it's all worthless. You should sell it now and load up on these Punisher LS #1s...I hear they're going to be pretty valuable in 5 years. 27_laughing.gif

I collected in the 70's into the very early 80's, then started up again about 5 or 6 years ago (and no, I don't buy moderns).

Sorry, but that's the biggest load of BS I've ever heard.

You're saying that you were actively buying and collecting comics from 1999/2000 to today? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Yes, that is what I'm saying. If you count buying Mad comics/magazines, then I never even had a break as I continually have collected these without an intermission.

Here's a link to my eBay feedback which starts in April of 2000. I'm sure if you browse through some of it, you will recognize some comic sellers in there. There is an obvious one from April 18th, 2000, just to give you a headstart.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...d=-1&de=off

Careful with all that HG Bronze....according to andy it's all worthless.

No, just those titles only you and six other speculators care about. 27_laughing.gif

So how does the world look with that tunnel vision?

No, just those titles only you and six other speculators care about. 27_laughing.gif

Well, if you call tunnel vision not buying into manufactured rarity and silly nosebleed speculator hype on nothing 70s books....it looks pretty good!

Good luck with all those super-rare ultra hot can't miss 70s superhero team books that lasted four issues! 27_laughing.gif

Well, if you call tunnel vision not buying into manufactured rarity and silly nosebleed speculator hype on nothing 70s books....it looks pretty good!

Good luck with all those super-rare ultra hot can't miss 70s superhero team books that lasted four issues! 27_laughing.gif

And good luck with your manufactured speculator hyped can't miss mass produced late 80's books thumbsup2.gif

Here's a link to my eBay feedback which starts in April of 2000. I'm sure if you browse through some of it, you will recognize some comic sellers in there.

Gimme a break - the majority are known toy dealers. 27_laughing.gif

Honestly, what would you say your toy-to-comic ratio was on EBay from 2000 to 2003?

And good luck with your manufactured speculator hyped can't miss mass produced late 80's books thumbsup2.gif

Since you seem to be a bit slow on the uptake, I will say this for the fourth time, slowly.

Both....Punisher 1....and....dead... Bronze 1s.....are.....going....to.....tank.

But.....the.....Punisher 1....will....tank....less.

Obviously if I think both are going to fall in value, I won't be buying EITHER. foreheadslap.gif

Here's a link to my eBay feedback which starts in April of 2000. I'm sure if you browse through some of it, you will recognize some comic sellers in there.

Honestly, what would you say your toy-to-comic ratio was on EBay from 2000 to 2003?

You mean you don't want to know what my ratio is today? I collect lots of things Joe. I like comics and toy tie ins. Take Shogun Warriors for example...I have several of the large 24 inch figures, a couple 6 inch figures and a set of the 3 inch figures along with various ships from my childhood. I also still have several of the comics from my childhood. I have since rebought a nice set of the Shogun Warriors comics raw, aquired 6 cgc 9.8s, bought a set of MIB 6 inch figures and a complete set of MIB 3 inch figures, one of my all-time favorite ships MIB (I still have my beat up original), an OA cover art for #17 and a OA page from #15. Since comming to Japan, I have bought well over a dozen Soul of Chogokin (shogun warriors) die-cast figures made by Bandai.

But see, rather than accept I'm a fan, you'd like to just look at my 9.8 cgc purchases and label me a speculator or investor without even trying to know my background or ask me why I collect.

Go ahead, feel free to look up all my recent ebay purchases. You'll find I like all sorts of nostalgic 70's -early 80's items. I even state so in my "about me" page. You'll see comics, toys, games, Presto Magix, etc. I guess I'm trying to corner the speculator market in your eyes.

You mean you don't want to know what my ratio is today?

I still have yet to see an answer on what a hardcore comic collector you were from 2000 to 2003. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

P.S. There is no disputing you bought comics yesterday, I just have serious doubts you were heavy into it in 1999-2000, as you claim.

I still have yet to see an answer on what a hardcore comic collector you were from 2000 to 2003. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

P.S. There is no disputing you bought comics yesterday, I just have serious doubts you were heavy into it in 1999-2000, as you claim.

I think this thread is getting close to becoming the new "Beating a Dead Horse" Champion.

I keep hoping for one of the three participating Forumites to just walk away.

So now that I presented evidence that I WAS buying comics in 2000, you go the extra mile and add that I had to be HARDCORE at it? 27_laughing.gif

What's your point?

When I say I began collecting again in 2000, was I supposed to immediately spend 5k that year? Was I supposed to be instantly "hardcore" at it? I was in the process of completing my Mad comics/magazine run that year and had just pulled off a $1200 deal that cinched my run up. (that's a big purchase for me, I'm not made of money). I didn't instantly begin buying up CGC slabs. I began filling in holes and buying raw books in fine or better condition depending on age and price.

So again, if there is some point to your interrogation of my comic collecting past, I'd love to hear it.

I think this thread is getting close to becoming the new "Beating a Dead Horse" Champion.

I keep hoping for one of the three participating Forumites to just walk away.

I do agree with you. I think I'm done here. It's bee real, it's been fun, it just ain't been real fun.

See you guys here in 5 years when we square up pic03723.gif

Andy, I still like ya and wish we could settle this over a game of LOTR Risk - I'd woop ya wink.gif

JC, well...you're JC what can I really say. I'd post a pic for ya, but the mods would yank it.

Everbody else...hope there's no hard feelings. See ya guys in other threads.

Andy, I still like ya and wish we could settle this over a game of LOTR Risk - I'd woop ya wink.gif

Now I know you are crazy, son! 27_laughing.gif

Anytime you want to settle this like the dorks we are, just let me know and I will crack out the board. grin.gif You should try Axis and Allies if you haven't already. Great game too.

Aw come on Joe, does someone have to prove they've been at this since 1972 to have an opinion? Having been at it a while (with an admitted 7 or so year absence when I don't think I missed all that much) has resulted in me ignoring a lot of opportunities out there. I passed on TONS of great, cheap, early bronze 10 years ago at rock bottom prices because I considered it overabundant junk, particularly DCs. It had been 25/50 cent bin fodder for years and years and I figured the supply was endless. The supply might be endless, but it doesn't seem to be 50 cent bin fodder anymore!

Aw come on Joe, does someone have to prove they've been at this since 1972 to have an opinion?

Of course not, but if you tell me you've been at it since 1972, please let it be the truth.