• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Punisher #1 CGC 9.8.....WTF??!?!?!?!?!

214 posts in this topic

By the way, Punisher 1 will be worth more than Champions, Invaders, Kull or whatever dead as dirt bronze book you can come up with. It's pretty simple really, one book has a viable character and a strong nostalgic connection. The others are dead titles with characters or teams that nobody cares about anymore. If people did, the titles would still be around. Donut was exactly right when he cited the rule of 25s.

I agree punisher will be worth more...nice avatar october..

...nice avatar october..

"When you get out of the water you need to dry off right away to avoid catchin' a cold. That's why Towelie says, "Don't forget to bring a towel."

[after a few moments of silence]

Do you wanna get high?"

Are you trying to deliberately be stubborn here? I have to think you are just being silly by repeating this rhetoric. I answered this the last time you basically stated it.

Do me a favor and re-read this thread until you understand it clearly. You will see that I have never asked for investment advice. Read how this got started and you will see I never asked which book would be worth more in any sort of context you are implying. I have always stated that the Champions #1 and Invaders #1 would be worth more than the Punisher #1 IMO. In fact, the first thing I said was how I'd rather have an Invaders #1 or Champions #1 for that price. I have only ever asked for others to pick their choice after FD took me up on the bet. (he actually gave a perfect answer to my original question)

I threw out two BA books (and I've already explained why I chose those two) and others chose to make the focus the Champions #1 book, so in replying I have obliged in continuing to back up my opinion that it will indeed be worth more in 5 years. And yes, I do believe it has a legitimate shot at still bringing in $500 plus in 5 years, which is irrelevant as I feel whatever it will be worth, it will still bring in more than a Punisher #1 in that same time.

Clearly more than a few have gotten my point as they have been able to answer it, discuss it and move on without repeatedly making some off the point remarks.( I have also had several PMs from people obviously smart enough to not post in this thread) How can I stop "harping" on the Champions book when I have to keep replying to you in an effort to help enlighten you to the point I've been trying to make here? So, just for you...How about Invaders #1 or Kull #1? *Disclaimer: I am not soliciting investment advice -I already think they will be worth more*

If you can't truly get what I've been saying, even after all my efforts at explaining it to you after each of your posts, then you are never going to get it. I think you do get it though because I believe you're a smart guy and are just poke2.gif me. (atleast I hope that's the case)

Forget it. I guess Blowout, JC and I are total retards for not understanding your point, but I appreciate your continued efforts to "enlighten" me. 27_laughing.gif

Well, you said it, not me...lol

You remind me of this little kid I knew in the early-80's, who kept telling me that Spectacular Spider-man #1 would be more valauble than Amazing Spider-man #1 in the future.

And he really believed it.

By the way, Punisher 1 will be worth more than Champions, Invaders, Kull or whatever dead as dirt bronze book you can come up with. It's pretty simple really, one book has a viable character and a strong nostalgic connection. The others are dead titles with characters or teams that nobody cares about anymore. If people did, the titles would still be around. Donut was exactly right when he cited the rule of 25s.

Yes, this post affirms your earlier guess about yourself. 27_laughing.gif

Ya, so many people don't care about them, that every one of them sells for more than the highest priced Punisher LS #1 screwy.gif Try waking up to reality every once in awhile...it can be interesting.

Ya, so many people don't care about them, that every one of them sells for more than the highest priced Punisher LS #1 screwy.gif Try waking up to reality every once in awhile...it can be interesting.

What are you babbling about? How many sales have there been of the TWO Champions 1s in 9.8? Just because there are a handful of stupid speculators to prop up prices doesn't make it a significant book or a "smart" purchase. screwy.gif

Looks like we have definitely struck a nerve with you. 27_laughing.gif

You remind me of this little kid I knew in the early-80's, who kept telling me that Spectacular Spider-man #1 would be more valauble than Amazing Spider-man #1 in the future.

And he really believed it.

No, that would be as retarded as Andy saying that a common CA book will be worth more than any BA book in the future. screwy.gif

Kind of funny, but when I saw the ASM #300 thread, I knew you'd pop in there since it was a "specualtion" type thread. I wasn't disappointed...

I have speculated on exactly two books in my entire lifetime, both for half-price/last month's discount.

Amazing Spider-man 300 and X-Men 283

Both were viewed by myself as "can't miss" prospects, and although I was only half-right, there has got to be a ton of these comics out there. 300th anniversary issue, early McFarlane, Venom appearance....

27_laughing.gif The truth comes out...you've speculated on two more books than I ever have. Congratulations on being "half-right", now if you could only quit being bitter about being "half-wrong".

What are you babbling about? How many sales have there been of the TWO Champions 1s in 9.8? Just because there are a handful of stupid speculators to prop up prices doesn't make it a significant book or a "smart" purchase. screwy.gif

Looks like we have definitely struck a nerve with you. 27_laughing.gif

See, perfect example of someone singling out the Champions #1 book and drawing it back into the discussion.

Have you ever thought that maybe they are collectors of the title? Not everyone collects and likes exactly what you do. I wouldn't pay $400 for a Punisher LS #1, but would pay $500 for a Champions #1 or Invaders #1. If I was such a speculator as you suggest, wouldn't I also jump all over a Punisher LS #1? I wouldn't, cause it's not what I collect makepoint.gif

Here is your first post on the matter:

I'll bet you in 5 years, it will be much clearer that purchasing an Invaders#1 or Champions #1 would have been the better fiscal choice to make for $500.

I am the one singling it out? screwy.gif

27_laughing.gif The truth comes out...you've speculated on two more books than I ever have.

Well, how long have you been collecting comics? 2 minutes? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I think he needs a crash course in the basics. When someone thinks that 9.8s AREN'T arbitrarily assigned over 9.6s, thinks that ANY bronze Marvel or DC is "scarce" and thinks that one or two sales establish a market or value...it's just asking for trouble. frown.gif

Here is your first post on the matter:

I'll bet you in 5 years, it will be much clearer that purchasing an Invaders#1 or Champions #1 would have been the better fiscal choice to make for $500.

I am the one singling it out? screwy.gif

Uh, yes. You chose to focus on the Champions book even though it was the second I mentioned right behind the Invaders book. confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif The truth comes out...you've speculated on two more books than I ever have.

Well, how long have you been collecting comics? 2 minutes? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Well, thankfully I wasn't out speculating and buying up 90's cr@p like you were. 27_laughing.gif

I know this is why you're bitter on the topic.

I collected in the 70's into the very early 80's, then started up again about 5 or 6 years ago (and no, I don't buy moderns).

I think he needs a crash course in the basics. When someone thinks that 9.8s AREN'T arbitrarily assigned over 9.6s, thinks that ANY bronze Marvel or DC is "scarce" and thinks that one or two sales establish a market or value...it's just asking for trouble. frown.gif

I guess this would be funny if you weren't trying to convince me that a mass produced and collected CA book is somehow different. foreheadslap.gif

Well, thankfully I wasn't out speculating and buying up 90's cr@p like you were. 27_laughing.gif

I know this is why you're bitter on the topic.

Man, you must be a rank newbie to spew that BS. 27_laughing.gif

Anyone who's been here a week knows I despise moderns and haven't bought any new comics since I sold off all my Valiants during the speculation rush, and turned a big wad of store credit into HG Bronze. I never looked back and never got burned once by anything I've bought.

But of course, you'd already know that if you paid attention.

I collected in the 70's into the very early 80's, then started up again about 5 or 6 years ago (and no, I don't buy moderns).

Sorry, but that's the biggest load of BS I've ever heard.

You're saying that you were actively buying and collecting comics from 1999/2000 to today? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I guess this would be funny if you weren't trying to convince me that a mass produced and collected CA book is somehow different. foreheadslap.gif

You must have reading comprehension problems. I think they are both going to tank in value, I just think the Punisher will tank slightly less.