• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It pays to endlessly search ebay....

49 posts in this topic

Yeah, but I suspect that the only ones upset enough to pursue a claim after they were backdoored are those who themselves go after the backdoor deal every chance they get.

That makes absolutely no sense!

I think a lot of people would be angry enough to pursue it, especially if were a highly valued piece.

I have had it happen to me... probably by the same person, and yes I did pursue it, but there is a limit to what you can do short of litigating out of state when it comes down to it. Yes, the piece was very expensive, but you will still spend thousands reclaiming the piece or recompense. Scumbags count on that...

Yeah, but I suspect that the only ones upset enough to pursue a claim after they were backdoored are those who themselves go after the backdoor deal every chance they get.

That makes absolutely no sense!

27_laughing.gif What i mean is, it wouldn't surprise me if the guy who raises the biggest stink (in this hypothetical backdoor situation) is the same guy who's most guilty of doing the exact same thing. But when the shoe's on the other foot and all that. Not speaking about present company btw...

Didn't it happen with the Amazing Spider-man #132 cover a few months ago? It was won with a buy-it-now for something like $9K...The seller was contacted right after and offered more,and the winner got the shaft...the seller told them,it was a typo,the price was supposed to be 19K or something like that.

Didn't it happen with the Amazing Spider-man #132 cover a few months ago? It was won with a buy-it-now for something like $9K...The seller was contacted right after and offered more,and the winner got the shaft...the seller told them,it was a typo,the price was supposed to be 19K or something like that.

Yep, that was me. Contracted to buy it, but the Weasel struck again...

I almost BIN'd that one before you. Glad I spared myself the aggrivation.

Did you find out who the Weasel was?

I was completely disgusted when I heard the details.

I can appreciate that Stephen. I realize I could put all the gory details on a board like this... but y'know this is actually a fun hobby for me... at least I'm still trying at that. And, the last thing I want is some pointless he said/ she said rock throwing contest. In my mind, it's pretty black and white.. it was a nasty thing to go through and I hope no one here ever has it done to them..... you can rest assured most collectors I know would never do such a thing.... it's wrong, it's ilegal, it's unethical, and hey it's just wrong.

... but, ultimately, I guess the piece is never your piece until it is in you hands. Anything can happen in the interim, so I guess heads up to everyone....

.... it's not the end of the world, it just sucks!

It pretty sad that the most greedy and jealous guys out there are the guys that have,or have had, some of the best stuff out there. It kills them to see somebody out there on the ball,doing their homework,and making a good score. It is too bad,but the good thing is you know who the is and hopefully you'll never do any business with him. What comes around goes around.

Don't mean to pressure - and I've got no oar in trhis water - but wouldn't it be better to out the guy rather than hide his "crime?" confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree - embaressment/exposure is an excellent deterent.

Let me just say that there is nothing that would deter this guy... he has been doing this kind of thing for years in our hobby. He simply has no ethics that I can see.

And, he is on the top of most collectors and dealers lists of people to avoid.

Ask around, I'm sure the answer will pop up frequently. Dan