• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man fans rejoice.....we have a release date !

39 posts in this topic

All Reuters Movie News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Iron Man' attracts May release date

Friday June 23 3:58 AM ET

Following in the footsteps of such comic book film openings as "Spider-Man" and "X2: X-Men United," Marvel armored avenger "Iron Man" is staking out an early May release date.

The Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment film is scheduled to open May 2, 2008, the studio said Thursday. Directed by Jon Favreau, the project marks the first motion picture to be produced by Marvel under its alliance with the Viacom Inc.-owned studio.

"Iron Man," based on the best-selling comic book character, is the first feature film to be produced independently by Marvel Entertainment and also marks the first film project under former Marvel Studios CEO Avi Arad's newly launched production company, Avi Arad Prods.

The film is expected to be financed through Marvel's $525 million revolving film-financing facility.

"Spider-Man" opened May 5, 2002, with a record-breaking $115 weekend haul at the U.S. box office. "X2" bowed May 4, 2003, at No. 1 with an $86 million weekend tally.

Steve Buscemi. smirk.gif

headbang.gif

Who would we like to see cast as Tony Stark? I used to think Tom Cruise would have been a good choice but recently he's become a bit of a quack.

Chuck Norris.

There'll be no covering the drunk aspect of Iron Man's past, at least not in the first movie. Favreau has been up front about a lot of things, that being one of them.

I'm interested to see what the do with the suits head. One of the problems with characters like Spider-man and Green Goblin is the lack of facial expression. Iron Man with a emotionless bucket head won't work at all.

Christopher Walken thumbsup2.gifinsane.gif

Even better laugh.gif

jack black!

oh wait...he was going to destroy another childhood fave...

i'd like to see a relative unknown.

then they can worry about writing a good story as opposed to writing a story that suits a particular actor.

that said, if we have to have a 'big' name...Ryan Reynolds...I think it's safe to say the Blade series is dead and he won't be needing to reprise his role again...if he made it out alive...i've tried to block that movie out of my head.

Who would we like to see cast as Tony Stark? I used to think Tom Cruise would have been a good choice but recently he's become a bit of a quack.

Cruise would have been great, but as he bowed out long ago:

Jim Caviezel

The guy can not only act, but he looks like Stark as well.

Jim Caviezel

Good choice. thumbsup2.gif

Jim Caviezel

Good choice. thumbsup2.gif

Caviezel's too gaunt to play that role.

Ryan Reynolds would be a good choice, if he were older. His goofiness usually overshadows the fact that he is built like a tank.

Although I too think Tom Cruise is a loon now, I think he would be good in the role.

Jim Caviezel

Good pick. Iron man was one of my favorite characters growing up and if Cruise became Tony Stark that would ruin it for me. Besides how are they going to adjust the mask to fit his big nose it in and I don't think a 5'6" Iron Man is good at all.

Jim Caviezel

Good pick. Iron man was one of my favorite characters growing up and if Cruise became Tony Stark that would ruin it for me. Besides how are they going to adjust the mask to fit his big nose it in and I don't think a 5'6" Iron Man is good at all.

SS, i'm surprised at you............

if michael keating could pull off Batman, nothing or no one seems impossible in a role...........

well, maybe Jerry Lewis as Ironman................. 893whatthe.gif

Well the theme song should be obvious....its a little ditty by Black Sabbath.... trying to think of the name...damn it, it escapes me!!! Christo_pull_hair.gif