• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Raven Comics 1

28 posts in this topic

I had a copy about 20 years ago--someone was going around the Dallas Fantasy Fair (or Festival) shopping a copy with a big chunk out of the cover, along with a Human Torch 3 and a stack of Caps (incl. 74) They came to our table, and we bought them. I had always been curious about it, and was thrilled to have the chance to read it and have it, albeit for a short while. Anyone out there have a copy with a triangular chunk out of the right side of the cover? Just wondering where it ended up.

I am just in the process of beginning time payments for RED RAVEN... I could not pass that by. It is THE Timely book I have wanted for a loooong time!

Congratulations. What grade is it? Do you have a scan?

Just my "Two Cents" on the thread.

I have owned many copies of this book over the years. Not that it is common, not at all. It is just that in the olden days of dealing there were far fewer dealers and this book was a real treasure! All of the major dealers loved this book.

This was definately a "Grail" book. I remember when Chuck (Mile High discoverer) quoted me a price of 10k and then decided against selling it. It was his very favorite and he decided to keep it.

Well, I almost got it smile.gif

I remember when no one knew that it was accociated with the Human Torch run and we all wondered if there was a second issue. If you never have seen the inside you are missing a great piece of history. The art is simply fantastic! The cover is good but the insides are spectacular.

It turns out that Hitler was the Devil incarnate, which is what many people thought during those days.

Ask Jon Berk if he has some interior scans of this book. It would be a treasure to see on the boards. If not, anyone have a low grade of coverless copy that they can scan a few of the most amazing pages for the Board readers?

All of the major dealers loved this book.

This was definately a "Grail" book. I remember when Chuck (Mile High discoverer) quoted me a price of 10k and then decided against selling it. It was his very favorite and he decided to keep it.

Mark;

Any idea if Chuck still has this book or any of the Church books that he was lucky enough to have found?

I heard another book that he really liked was the Superman #14 issue with the classic black WWII patriotic cover. I also heard through the grapevine that you had a really HG copy of this book yourself at one time.

All of the major dealers loved this book.

Mark;

Any idea if Chuck still has this book or any of the Church books that he was lucky enough to have found?

I heard another book that he really liked was the Superman #14 issue with the classic black WWII patriotic cover. I also heard through the grapevine that you had a really HG copy of this book yourself at one time.

Chuck has written with the last year that he still has the Red Raven, some Spirits and a few comics from the Church collection.

I thought he had the full Spirit Church run? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope, just 1 - 22. tongue.gif

bumpit.gif

I couldn't resist, even though I just posted it on the Timely thread!! Just came in today...

Was very fortunate to track one down... it has some minor resto, but GREAT eye appeal and paper quality (if you don't mind tanned pages). Not to mention some fun stories and art.

1414885-redravenPOSTlo.jpg

1414885-redravenPOSTlo.jpg.ce91da0ebc0d958a3ee320fedf536a2f.jpg