• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Ghost Rider #1(1973) High Grade

20 posts in this topic

Not sure just exactly what to grade this one. It's somewhere in the 9.0-9.2 range. The book is beautiful with a gorgeous spine. However, it has one small, but noticeable defect. On the LRHC (thanks Finecomics) there's a tiny (we're talking microns here) tear that's visible in the scans (although slightly magnified by pixellation). Aside from this, it's a 9.2. My feeling is that technically it could still fall into the 9.2 category as defined by the "near" mint with a "minus" accounting for the chip, but I can't vouch for CGC agreeing with me.

At any rate, it's a darn nice book with perfect centering (the black line runs straight down the middle of the spine, and the staples match), great gloss/colors, and WHITE pages.

The most recent GPA is as follows:

9.0 - last sale $299, 12 mo avg $229.73, no sales in last 90 days

9.2 - last sale $306, 12 mo avg $343.97, 90 day avg $396.02

Asking $220 shipped USPS priority insured in the US, a little more outside US depending on shipping rates.

7 day full return privileges, and I'll even refund shipping if you're not happy.

GhostRider1FCj.jpg

GhostRider1BCj.jpg

Hmmm, Photobucket won't let me get the FC in full size despite multiple attempts. Here's the best I can do to get it under 200K for the boards. If anyone wants a huge scan PM me an email addy and I'll send it.

1288323-GhostRider1FCj.JPG

1288323-GhostRider1FCj.JPG.f0b90d29036e58a38e7b0697863fc8c7.JPG

JC would most like call that a chunk and downgrade it to a 5.0

If it had the gunk/bug guts stain, spine damage and creases, corner crease, back cover soiling, and top-left corner fading of your Hulk 181, then yes, I might be tempted to graded it a 6.0-6.5 as I stated on your thread.

But other than the small piece out of the cover, the book looks nice.

What's going on in LRC?

foreheadslap.gif It was the LLHC when it was face down on the scanner sorry.gif

thumbsup2.gif What's going on inside the "I" in Rider?

Alright, dammit. I'm going to send all my FS books to you for review and have you screen my posts for directions as well. (lefty loosey, righty tightey; lefty loosey, righty tightey)

I've owned this book for a long time, looked at it fairly frequently, and never noticed that. It's a puncture (I think, I didn't pop it out to see, but it's visible on the inside FC too).

It's interesting how that happens. I just gave it the once-over - including counting pages, checking for CT, CF staples, etc and managed to overlook that, not including the dozen or so other times I've looked at it.

The book will obviously be downgraded and downpriced accordingly. For now I'm going to bed. I'll check in in the AM.

Seriously, thanks for noticing that. That's exactly what was being asked for in the "this forum seems like ebay" thread. thumbsup2.gif

JC would most like call that a chunk and downgrade it to a 5.0

If it had the gunk/bug guts stain, spine damage and creases, corner crease, back cover soiling, and top-left corner fading of your Hulk 181, then yes, I might be tempted to graded it a 6.0-6.5 as I stated on your thread.

But other than the small piece out of the cover, the book looks nice.

gossip.gif There was no soiling ....the back and front cover are white...it was my scanner as I explained on my post,and as the picture of the book proved it.... I had it graded as a FN/VF 7.0, not 6.5 like you stated it was, however, no soiling makepoint.gif

and it sold acclaim.gif and the guy wants more of my stuff 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

and it sold acclaim.gif and the guy wants more of my stuff 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And I hope you give thanks to the Lord tonight. hail.gif

P.S. What was that gunk on the front cover - bug guts?

27_laughing.gif actually I don't know what it was......it did scrape off though with my fingernail and no damage or residue was left....is that restoration 893whatthe.gif

What's going on in LRC?

Alright, dammit. I'm going to send all my FS books to you for review and have you screen my posts for directions as well. (lefty loosey, righty tightey; lefty loosey, righty tightey)

I've owned this book for a long time, looked at it fairly frequently, and never noticed that. It's a puncture (I think, I didn't pop it out to see, but it's visible on the inside FC too).

It's interesting how that happens. I just gave it the once-over - including counting pages, checking for CT, CF staples, etc and managed to overlook that, not including the dozen or so other times I've looked at it.

The book will obviously be downgraded and downpriced accordingly. For now I'm going to bed. I'll check in in the AM.

Seriously, thanks for noticing that. That's exactly what was being asked for in the "this forum seems like ebay" thread. thumbsup2.gif

sorry.gif didn't mean to ruin the parade. Was just fairly interested in making another purchase from you confused-smiley-013.gif We've all done the same thing. It looked like a stain from the scan or some sort of discoloration? To be safe I suggest you just send the book to me for safekeeping poke2.gif

What's going on in LRC?

sorry.gif didn't mean to ruin the parade. Was just fairly interested in making another purchase from you confused-smiley-013.gif We've all done the same thing. It looked like a stain from the scan or some sort of discoloration? To be safe I suggest you just send the book to me for safekeeping poke2.gif

I've got some bug guts you can put over the hole to cover it devil.gif

Big thanks to Arexcrooke for hosting a scan. thumbsup2.gif That's a beer at Heroes!

In the interest of fairness to our westcoasters I'll post a price at around noon EST (9AM PST)

Here's a scan of the I just for interest's sake.

Thanks to all!

1288767-GR1i.JPG

1288767-GR1i.JPG.74eb095d768243b7747041cbd17421c5.JPG