• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newsflash!!! I Officially Am Over My Head!! Infinite Crisis.

23 posts in this topic

I am educated, I comprehend, I read things other than comics, but I just don't freaking get it!!! I just finished reading Infinite Crisis. And yes, I should read all issues at once as I foget details as the month passes, but wow, can someone help me here?

1. Okay, superboy is dead. Who is he? Is he related to Clark Kent?

2. There was some parallel earth where Superman, Lois Lane, Alexander Luthor, and some bad Superboy lived. Who was that bad Superboy? I believe they were the sole survivors from Crisis on... ? Why did Alexander build that thingie? Was that something to do with the fact that our earth (prime is it called?) was bad, so the multiverse was needed again?

3. I thought that Crisis On Infinite did away with the multiverse? If so, where did everyone go?

4. Who died here? Major players. I know Superboy did, Uncle Sam and the lot, but who else?

5. That bad Superboy that is being guarded by 50 GL's, Where did he come from? Maybe I should read Infinite Crisis Secret Files to help me on that one?

6. So, the multivers is gone againb? If so, where did everyone go?

I am sorry, I just don't remember things or get it sometimes, am I alone? Christo_pull_hair.gif

Clone from Clark's and Lex Luthor's DNA

2. There was some parallel earth where Superman, Lois Lane, Alexander Luthor, and some bad Superboy lived. Who was that bad Superboy?
Superboy-Prime. He was the survivor of Earth Prime. He was the only superhero on that world.

Why did Alexander build that thingie? Was that something to do with the fact that our earth (prime is it called?) was bad, so the multiverse was needed again?
The Earth you know in the DCU is Earth 1. Alexander thought it was corrupt so he wanted to bring back the multiverse

3. I thought that Crisis On Infinite did away with the multiverse? If so, where did everyone go?
Some were erased from history while the history of Earth 1 was rewritten to include some of them

4. Who died here? Major players. I know Superboy did, Uncle Sam and the lot, but who else?
A bunch of C list members of the Teen Titans, Earth 2 Superman and Lois.

5. That bad Superboy that is being guarded by 50 GL's, Where did he come from? Maybe I should read Infinite Crisis Secret Files to help me on that one?
See answer #2

6. So, the multivers is gone again? If so, where did everyone go?
The heroes stopped it before it reformed.

I am educated, I comprehend, I read things other than comics, but I just don't freaking get it!!! I just finished reading Infinite Crisis. And yes, I should read all issues at once as I foget details as the month passes, but wow, can someone help me here?

I believe he was the clone of Superman and Lex Luthor.

2. There was some parallel earth where Superman, Lois Lane, Alexander Luthor, and some bad Superboy lived. Who was that bad Superboy? I believe they were the sole survivors from Crisis on... ? Why did Alexander build that thingie? Was that something to do with the fact that our earth (prime is it called?) was bad, so the multiverse was needed again?

At the end of Crisis on Infinite Earths, these four ended up in an alternate reality type thingie after defeating the anti-monitor. Otherwise, they would have been killed by the anti-matter in the anti-matter universe.

It did. Everyone ended up on a single earth. The Huntress thus became Helena Bertinelli, daughter of a mob boss, instead of Helena Wayne, daughter of Bruce and Selina Wayne.

Lots of people died. Body count is too large to list.

The bad Superboy came from Earth Prime. Not certain of the details of his origin.

Multiverse is apparently gone again. Everyone is on what Dan Didio (?) called Earth-cherrypicked. DC kept one Earth, but they publically stated they're taking only the continuity they want and tossing everything else.

I am sorry, I just don't remember things or get it sometimes, am I alone? Christo_pull_hair.gif

You're not the only one who was confused. Spend the long weekend reading all DCs from 1956 to 2006 then you should understand all the Crisis stuff.

1) He is a clone of Lex Luthor and Superman(don't ask).

2) You have to read Crisis on Infinite Earths or go to Wikipedia to get the low down on Crisis on Infinite Earths to help with a good portion of this one. Evil Superboy was Superboy from Earth Prime(a world with no other super heroes than Superboy!).

3) Apparently, Crisis on Infinite Earth did do away with it but not pocket dimensions(at least that is what I call them) such as the place where Alexander Luthor, Superboy(Prime), Superman and Lois Lane were between Crisis on Infinite Earths and Infinite Crisis.

4)Superboy(Conner Kent), Uncle Sam( probably didn't you can't kill the Spirit of the USA), Jade, a 893censored-thumb.gif locker full of Green Lanterns, a whole passle of auxilliary Teen Titans and god knows who else. It wasn't pretty, I will tell you that. The big thing isn't the death's so much as the massive character changes and origin reboots. Pretty much everyone gets a new origin(if DC writes it as such).

5) See # 3 and at this point anything would help.

6) Here is my take on it. You know how you are you can get drunk to the point you are seeing double, perhaps triple? Well, when you sober up, the images merge. The multiples earths merged back into one. And now, you are stuck with that chick that looked good while you were suffering from beer googles. Let's hope she ain't coyote ugly!!!

I believe he was the clone of Superman and Lex Luthor.

Okay, so he is from Earth-1, he lived with Clark's parents I believe? He is now officially dead. So, no more of him in the Teen Titans?

At the end of Crisis on Infinite Earths, these four ended up in an alternate reality type thingie after defeating the anti-monitor. Otherwise, they would have been killed by the anti-matter in the anti-matter universe.

If that is the case, I thought that Superboy was from earyj Prime. So, what gives? What made him so evil? Alexander Luthor, good, until now? He is the Son of Lex Luthor?

It did. Everyone ended up on a single earth. The Huntress thus became Helena Bertinelli, daughter of a mob boss, instead of Helena Wayne, daughter of Bruce and Selina Wayne.

Lots of people died. Body count is too large to list.

The bad Superboy came from Earth Prime. Not certain of the details of his origin.

Multiverse is apparently gone again. Everyone is on what Dan Didio (?) called Earth-cherrypicked. DC kept one Earth, but they publically stated they're taking only the continuity they want and tossing everything else.

You're not the only one who was confused. Spend the long weekend reading all DCs from 1956 to 2006 then you should understand all the Crisis stuff.

Wish I could. Maybe that 52 back-up story will help fill in some gaps.

All I know is that post-Infinite Crisis, we are still stuck with Timulty posting on the boards. I don't know what needs to be done to correct this, but we all suffer for it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Okay, so he is from Earth-1, he lived with Clark's parents I believe? He is now officially dead. So, no more of him in the Teen Titans?
Yes he is dead. He has not been in a comic since.

If that is the case, I thought that Superboy was from earyj Prime. So, what gives? What made him so evil? Alexander Luthor, good, until now? He is the Son of Lex Luthor?
Superboy is evil because he is jealous of Earth 1 Superboy. Alex is the son of Lex Luthor from Earth 3. On that version of Earth, Lex was the good guy and the JLA were the bad guys.

All I know is that post-Infinite Crisis, we are still stuck with Timulty posting on the boards. I don't know what needs to be done to correct this, but we all suffer for it. confused-smiley-013.gif

"In brightest CRT light, in blackest power outtage,

no posting shall escape my sight!

Let those who worship Deathlok's gripes,

beware my posting.. TIMULTY THE POSTIFICATOR'S® MIGHT!!!"

893applaud-thumb.gifsign-funnypost.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifsign-funnypost.gif

acclaim.gif

1. Superboy was created by Project Cadmus when Superman died. Their attempt to clone Superman directly failed so they had to use some human DNA (later revealed to be Lex Luthor's) as well. As already mentioned, he recently started living with Superman's adoptive parents, the Kents.

2. During Crisis on Infinite Earths (specifically a crossover chapter in DC Comics Presents 87), Superman was transported to Earth-Prime (which is supposed to be the real world, OUR world) where he met Clark Kent. Clark developed super powers and became involved in the Crisis. At the end, Superman-2 and Superboy-Prime followed Alex and Lois into a portal to an pocket universe/dimension that Alex created. That was the last time they appeared until Infinite Crisis.

Alex built the tower to help him in his quest to find the perfect Earth.

3. Everyone was merged into the one Earth after CoIE. Instead of having (for example) the Golden Age Flash living on Earth-2 and the Silver Age Flash living on Earth-1, they both now lived on the same world. Other characters/origins/etc. were changed as well.

4. (I'm not going to go into this right now)

5. See #2. IC Secret Files explains the motivation of Superboy-Prime for his actions in IC.

6. The multiverse is still gone. However, due to the events of IC, the DC universe has been altered again.

paging Kevin Boyd...Kevin Boyd to the white courtesy phone, please

Maybe if this was in the modern comics section I might have seen it.

I think the questions have been answered by now.

What is Infinite Crisis?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_Crisis

Character changes during Infinite Crisis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_changes_during_Infinite_Crisis

Continuity changes during Infinite Crisis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuity_changes_during_Infinite_Crisis