• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whose scan was ripped off here?

11 posts in this topic

I was bidding on that book when it was up earlier...eBay pulled it...BUT today I got an email from eBay saying that THEY (eBay) were mistaken, and the auction was"legit" and apologizing, and that they were re-instating the auction...so I am guessing it IS on the "Up and up".

There was something funny about how the way the white portion of the label seems clipped at the bottom....with an overly hard edge to it, but I can't state anything conclusive. There are six 9.6 copies of this book in the census. It didn't match up with any scans I came across.

Red "Too-Much-Time-On-His-Hands" Hook

He has had 3 user Id's in the past 4 months, and his feedback does have a few red flags. I would use caution in bidding on this item. No PayPal, no pick-ups no exeptions. confused-smiley-013.gif

He has no history of selling any other books of this caliber.

As previously mentioned, he's changed his eBay name several times in the last few months.

He listed it as a private auction.

He will only accept money orders or cashiers checks.

No Paypal, but he demands that payment be received within 5 days.

He won't allow you to pick the book up in person.

He gives no item location, exept for "United States".

His auction listing is written in broken English.

Bidding on this book would likely be a prison sentence for me. I'd win it, he'd rip me off, then I'd have to buy a bus ticket out of Harlem just to go slap the sucka silly.

I was bidding on that book when it was up earlier...eBay pulled it...BUT today I got an email from eBay saying that THEY (eBay) were mistaken, and the auction was"legit" and apologizing, and that they were re-instating the auction...so I am guessing it IS on the "Up and up".

What was the actual email address that the letter came from? I had something like this happen to me when laptop buying. Auction was pulled then ebay sent similar letter auction went back up. But the email was a fraud..

So just curious if it was actually an ebay email..