• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JP The Mint. Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?!?!?

96 posts in this topic

You asked what the B.H was? I was answering it.

No, I was asking who were the "both" victims of the BH phenomena. Since BH was JP's buying agent, I don't think he could be a victim of his own phenomena. In fact, I'm pretty sure that he was one of the few winners (along with DK).

BH did win a few at others expense to be sure. Not many...

You asked what the B.H was? I was answering it.

No, I was asking who were the "both" victims of the BH phenomena. Since BH was JP's buying agent, I don't think he could be a victim of his own phenomena. In fact, I'm pretty sure that he was one of the few winners (along with DK).

BH did win a few at others expense to be sure. Not many...

Perhaps the BH you're thinking of is a different BH than I'm thinking of. The BH I'm thinking of could also go by WH. confused-smiley-013.gif

Bill Hughes / William Hughes has the ASM #42 Cover on his site. It IS sweeeeeet!

I hear he negotiated the Action #7 Cover OA from somoene when he was hunting for JP and bought it with his own monies.

Gosh Id love to see that piece.

WOW. In all our discussions on these boards speculating about the most valuable comic art still in existence, I don't believe this tidbit ever came up. If true, it would obviously be a contender.

Does Hughs own that piece?? Any sites documenting this? I would love to hear about the really early OA.... from the Action or Det line that is still surviving!

Here's one good thread. You'll have to do some sifting, but there's some good info in there re what is known to exist.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...part=1&vc=1

The Action #7 rumor has not been discussed on these boards before, as far as I know. Quite a bombshell to be able to keep quiet, but you never know with vintage comic art, as there are always rumors around about the existence of major pieces.

As far as what else is known to exist as far as GA Action or Tec, you could also search the Heritage archives, I believe a couple of the Action covers have been offered within the last year or so. Metro owns some pre-Batman Detective covers, they are his gallery at metropoliscomics.com (along with some other KILLER GA art). There are also some of the great Jerry Robinson covers still around.

If somone like metro or zillatoy stops by this thread, I'm sure they'd be able to list off the top what Action and Tec GA covers are known to exist.

If somone like metro or zillatoy stops by this thread, I'm sure they'd be able to list off the top what Action and Tec GA covers are known to exist.

There are some listed here...

http://www.cagle.com/hogan/features/breman/breman.asp

That was one hell of a show. Caught it passing through Atlanta July '05. Looked at the stuff so intently I left with a migraine.

The Superman strip with Hitler and Santa Claus alone was worth the price of admission. 893applaud-thumb.gif