• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditko ASM #31 Complete Interior Artwork - Thoughts?

105 posts in this topic

Here's the third (and final) page that I got in the Mastro auction in August. It's page 8 of ASM #31, featuring the very first appearance of Gwen Stacy and Harry Osborn:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=230873&GSub=31102

Gene

1594797-SteveDitkoASM31p8.jpg

1594797-SteveDitkoASM31p8.jpg.6c0615cf5cb60862299f10e92d934d9e.jpg

Since Mastro is a hot topic, bumping this thread from 10 years ago.

Looks like some of it got scrubbed at some point. I made a post toward the end where I said the seller should have had Romitaman sell the art, rather than Mastronet, since he ended up doing so much better with it. Which prompted a sharp rebuke from a Mastro rep. But hard for him to argue when it looked like Burkey was able to flip all those pages for 2X almost immediately following the auction.

That exchange no longer exists in this thread, for whatever reason. It may have been a separate thread, but pretty sure it was this one.

Anyway, I remember this because as I was still relatively new to the boards, it was interesting to see how much these threads may have been monitored by influential lurkers (and apparently, that's still the case). In digging up this thread, I was hoping to see who that Mastro rep was..."Chris Porter", who's named in the press release in the beginning, rings a bell. Was hoping it was Doug Allen, or one of the other big names, but Mastronet's presence on the boards appears to have been erased. Damn!

Looks like some of it got scrubbed at some point. I made a post toward the end where I said the seller should have had Romitaman sell the art, rather than Mastronet, since he ended up doing so much better with it. Which prompted a sharp rebuke from a Mastro rep. But hard for him to argue when it looked like Burkey was able to flip all those pages for 2X almost immediately following the auction.

That exchange no longer exists in this thread, for whatever reason. It may have been a separate thread, but pretty sure it was this one.

Anyway, I remember this because as I was still relatively new to the boards, it was interesting to see how much these threads may have been monitored by influential lurkers (and apparently, that's still the case). In digging up this thread, I was hoping to see who that Mastro rep was..."Chris Porter", who's named in the press release in the beginning, rings a bell. Was hoping it was Doug Allen, or one of the other big names, but Mastronet's presence on the boards appears to have been erased. Damn!

Wow. That's really altruistic of you you

When I grow up I want to work vendettas like you.

You already got the vendetta part down cold, Matthew. Now you just gotta learn to sign your name.

Impressive and effortless (?) research.

:troll:

I think that is somewhat ott muley. Nexus may be misguided but I don't think he's deserving of the adage troll.

G'nite. Talk tomorrow xxx zzz

I think that is somewhat ott muley. Nexus may be misguided but I don't think he's deserving of the adage troll.

I still don't agree. The guy is deserving of respect. Shutting down debate like this just because you are on the wrong side is childish. Troll along. G'nite xxx

No, the troll here is you.

You're a bit of a one trick pony ( or mule perhaps ) my friend. G'nite <3

What don't you understand about one trick.

Sticks and trolls and all that.

Free speech for Nexus !

G'nite xxx

Free speech for Nexus !

G'nite xxx

I don't think Nexus is going to feature you in his video if you keep trying to shut him down. G'nite xxx

Free speech for Nexus !

G'nite xxx

I don't think Nexus is going to feature you in his video if you keep trying to shut him down. G'nite xxx

He's going to be really pissed with you, you know xxx

Read condition number 15 :

http://www.ha.com/c/ref/terms-and-conditions.zx?view=terms

G'nite xxx

zzz

So, HA is just as corrupt as Mike is. Good to know. Still doesn't make what Mike did right. Shilling is wrong and it's always wrong. And no site "rule" changes that. If you think it does, you are part of the problem.

And this is like your fifth "G'Nite." So, either call it a night, or quit lying.

Thanks Nexus for recalling this stuff from before my time. These threads have been an eye-opener, although some people seem to be trying to clog them up with repetitious nonsense.

I know where Mastro is!

https://www.fbi.gov/chicago/press-releases/2015/former-owner-of-mastro-auctions-sentenced-to-20-months-in-federal-prison-in-shill-bidding-scam

http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=40088

Edited by chefkv

Thanks Nexus for recalling this stuff from before my time. These threads have been an eye-opener, although some people seem to be trying to clog them up with repetitious nonsense.

Pretend they're moths hitting their heads against the light.

Then use the "ignore" button.