• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So you have the best...

106 posts in this topic

Oh come on Deathlok, you know you dig me! devil.gifgrin.gif
The digging involved would be your grave and even then I doubt I would do that.

You hurting my feelings, biotch. So where's my money?

Your money is in the same place as your sex life, nowhere to be found.

Hellboy and Constantine were such bad movies IMO that I don't ever want to open a related comic book ever again.

I enjoyed Hellboy quite a bit. I liked Constantine but I wasn't expecting anything great. Both were much better than many of the movies listed earlier in this thread. I remember turning off Nick Fury 30 minutes in.

You gotta love those late 70's early 80's horror flicks.I had a bunch of them made by Starmakers or something to that effect.Unfortunately,most were heisted by a local 20 year old who was friends with Judy's son.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

p.s. remember Pumpkinhead?

Pumpkinhead was awesome! I'm a huge fan of late 70's early 80's horror flicks. I'm still waiting for one of my favorites to come out of print..."The Burning". I don't like to buy foriegn or bootleg copies of movies, but this one's getting hard to hold off on. I paid a huge price for a pristine VHS copy off eBay some years back.

Anyone remember Dark Night of the Scarecrow? it was a TV movie, but one of the best scary TV movies I think they've ever done...."Bubba didn't do it"...

Pumpkinhead's a better book than a movie. surprise, surprise, surprise

I might be in the minority here but I hated Batman. Keaton was great as was Jack as the Joker. There were some neat visuals and concepts but why did Tim Burton totally disregard any source material? Had he not read a single Neal Adams era Batman comic? Why make the costum rubber and all black. What the HECK was up with the Prince music?? The francise just got worse and worse as each film's makers tried to outdo each other until we ended up with soo much neon and blacklight and gimicks.

After seeing Batman Begins and Superman Returns, and rewatching Superman and the XMen on DVD I really decided that I just don't buy into Tim Burton's vision.

As far as the other films mentioned like Electra and Daredevil and ManThing, et al ... that's just a product of too many people trying to cash in too quickly off the success of XMen and Spiderman.

Notice how little they messed with Spiderman? No rubber suit or leather battle armour. Aside from organic web shooters (which makes soooo much more sence then Peter being smart enough to make web shooters but never having enough money) they stayed very true to the comic book. Same with Superman. They didn't recolour his costume to all blue or all red like Batman's all black outfits.

Ubie X

What the HECK was up with the Prince music??

I agree with you on this point tongue.gif

Then you two would be the minority opinion.

"Batdance" is a 1989 song by Prince, from the Batman soundtrack. Helped by the film's popularity, the song reached number one, becoming Prince's fourth number-one single, after 1986's "Kiss".

Then you two would be the minority opinion.

"Batdance" is a 1989 song by Prince, from the Batman soundtrack. Helped by the film's popularity, the song reached number one, becoming Prince's fourth number-one single, after 1986's "Kiss".

Well, no accounting for taste I guess tonofbricks.gif

Hmm...

I agree that Batman isn't the best superhero movie, but I think Prince's soundtrack was perfect... the "Purple-one" scored for the "Purple-one"

Made sense to me.

Prince is a musical genius. (sure to get flamed for that one)

Hmm...

I agree that Batman isn't the best superhero movie, but I think Prince's soundtrack was perfect... the "Purple-one" scored for the "Purple-one"

Made sense to me.

Prince is a musical genius. (sure to get flamed for that one)

Not from me...Im to nice a guy grin.gif

but I think Prince's soundtrack was perfect... the "Purple-one" scored for the "Purple-one"

I agree on this, as the movie was the Joker's more than Batman's.

Joe, No doubt you are right there. Jack's performance definitely made this a Joker movie.

But, Buffyman, couldn't Danny Elfman write Joker music? It had to be purple velvet techno pop?

In my opinion, the best part of the movie, the most visually and musically striking for me was the Batmobile driving thru the forest to the batcave. Amazing Elfman score.

Ubie X

but I think Prince's soundtrack was perfect... the "Purple-one" scored for the "Purple-one"

I agree on this, as the movie was the Joker's more than Batman's.

Joe, No doubt you are right there. Jack's performance definitely made this a Joker movie.

But, Buffyman, couldn't Danny Elfman write Joker music? It had to be purple velvet techno pop?

In my opinion, the best part of the movie, the most visually and musically striking for me was the Batmobile driving thru the forest to the batcave. Amazing Elfman score.

Ubie X

AND ... if the Joker was "okay" in his purple outfit then why couldn't Batman be black and grey? It had to be all black?

Sorry for the double post

Ubie X