• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes con Marvel Zombies print

95 posts in this topic

Your just jealous because the variant print (not poster) is HOT. Don't make me start my own thread about Heroes Con dealer variant prints. I wipe my a ss with Zombie posters, but the variant prints...... cloud9.gif

again, speaking in the theoretical, i don't know if this board has a spirit one way or the other. i mean, it's nice when sellers throw HG books up in the marketplace for not a lot of money, but there's no obligation for this. in actuality, this board - myself strongly included - is mostly cheapskates anyway, so the pricing structure is market-driven here. the benefit is that you don't get screwed nearly as often as in other venues

I couldn't disagree with that more strongly. I have been on plenty of boards and have never seen a community like this where there is so much generosity and such a willingness to help others. Sometimes these acts are small and at other times their much more then that. Take all the donations to Rich for example. How about the one time someone sent Old Guy a high grade bronze slab out of the blue, for free. These are the things we know about but so much more happens behind the scenes. I can't count the number of times the poster before you (joeypost) has thrown in free books into an order for me or how people drop their asking prices on a book because they know it's going to someone who needs it.

Likewise being in the UK i can't always take advantage of a few things and needless to say there is always someone ready to get me anything i need free of charge after their expenses are paid. While being in the UK i can do this for people who need things from here. Once i sent a free Liverpool FC goodie pack to someone who said they were a fan. Another time i did a pretty big deal for someone on the boards without asking for a penny but once they saw the effort and time i put into it they sent a small paypal payment. Nothing major and it wasn't asked for but it showed appreciation for the effort i did.

I would need 10 pairs of new hands to count the gestures the likes of Foolkiller and Nikos make time and again or Comicdey spending hours looking for books for me. I'm leaving plenty of people out but that is just the tip of the iceberg. Last night for example i posted that my hardrive had been deleted and i lost all my data. Within minutes someone whom i had never spoken to sent me a PM offering to help and wanted to send me a program to help recover it. He even asked where i lived to see if i was close enough for him to come over and fix my computer for me!

These are the kind of gestures that make this such a great place. Im not saying you can't make money here, not at all. It's just the way thecollector is going about it is the wrong way. King for example said that he was paid $5 to give his poster back which is great because im assuming they ran out and other fans missed out. Why would this have happened?

again, speaking in the theoretical, i don't know if this board has a spirit one way or the other. i mean, it's nice when sellers throw HG books up in the marketplace for not a lot of money, but there's no obligation for this. in actuality, this board - myself strongly included - is mostly cheapskates anyway, so the pricing structure is market-driven here. the benefit is that you don't get screwed nearly as often as in other venues

I couldn't disagree with that more strongly. I have been on plenty of boards and have never seen a community like this where there is so much generosity and such a willingness to help others. Sometimes these acts are small and at other times their much more then that. Take all the donations to Rich for example. How about the one time someone sent Old Guy a high grade bronze slab out of the blue, for free. These are the things we know about but so much more happens behind the scenes. I can't count the number of times the poster before you (joeypost) has thrown in free books into an order for me or how people drop their asking prices on a book because they know it's going to someone who needs it.

Likewise being in the UK i can't always take advantage of a few things and needless to say there is always someone ready to get me anything i need free of charge after their expenses are paid. While being in the UK i can do this for people who need things from here. Once i sent a free Liverpool FC goodie pack to someone who said they were a fan. Another time i did a pretty big deal for someone on the boards without asking for a penny but once they saw the effort and time i put into it they sent a small paypal payment. Nothing major and it wasn't asked for but it showed appreciation for the effort i did.

I would need 10 pairs of new hands to count the gestures the likes of Foolkiller and Nikos make time and again or Comicdey spending hours looking for books for me. I'm leaving plenty of people out but that is just the tip of the iceberg. Last night for example i posted that my hardrive had been deleted and i lost all my data. Within minutes someone whom i had never spoken to sent me a PM offering to help and wanted to send me a program to help recover it. He even asked where i lived to see if i was close enough for him to come over and fix my computer for me!

These are the kind of gestures that make this such a great place. Im not saying you can't make money here, not at all. It's just the way thecollector is going about it is the wrong way. King for example said that he was paid $5 to give his poster back which is great because im assuming they ran out and other fans missed out. Why would this have happened?

893applaud-thumb.gif

Likewise being in the UK i can't always take advantage of a few things and needless to say there is always someone ready to get me anything i need free of charge

Like someone driving to a con and dropping off a book for you so that it can be combined with a package already on its way to you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Werent these things given out for free?

gossip.gif yes, but so are the comics you get on Free Comic Day...yet they get sold on Ebay everyday confused-smiley-013.gif

hey, no qualms with it, but I thought they were free.

Arex

I threw mine away after it received a subscription crease to the poster after holding onto it all day. 27_laughing.gif

King for example said that he was paid $5 to give his poster back which is great because im assuming they ran out and other fans missed out. Why would this have happened?

Anfield, I think you misunderstood. Before I left to go to Charlotte, the comic store I go to said they'd give me $5 to bring them one back since nobody was able to get there themself. So that's what I did.

I actually don't think there was a shortage. At the end of the day there were just some extras sitting at the top of the escalator where they were handing them out.

King for example said that he was paid $5 to give his poster back which is great because im assuming they ran out and other fans missed out. Why would this have happened?

Because someone ran off with all the zombie prints 893whatthe.gif

Anfield, I think you misunderstood. Before I left to go to Charlotte, the comic store I go to said they'd give me $5 to bring them one back since nobody was able to get there themself. So that's what I did.

I actually don't think there was a shortage. At the end of the day there were just some extras sitting at the top of the escalator where they were handing them out.

There were hundreds of these posters left at the end of the show.

Likewise being in the UK i can't always take advantage of a few things and needless to say there is always someone ready to get me anything i need free of charge

Like someone driving to a con and dropping off a book for you so that it can be combined with a package already on its way to you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif That book is still sitting in the "Hot books to send to the UK" pile poke2.gif

You know guys if you don't like my business practices don't deal with me. But Look at it like this. 375 for a plane ticket, 400 with taxes for a room, plus for that is another 100 for 5 days. Plus any other cost. so lets say 900.00 Lets not forget that I got jipped out of my JG jones sketch and I was at the top of the list. Does ten dollars seem all that expensive for prints. I go to alot of conventions and buy and sell alot of things and I try to be reasonable to people. But ten bucks isn't unreasonable that includes the cost of shipping.

I have decided that I am pissed So I am taking the prints off They will be held and sold on ebay later. As for anfeld fox and your comments. Since you were insulted by my offer to sell you the sin city books and you think the prints are too expensive don't ever attempt to buy anything from me.

Call me crazy and I was thinking of the best way to say this...

He flies to a convention, pays for a ticket, pays for lodging, has a few extra prints of the Marvel Zombies and offers them for $10 including shipping. I bought one from him and had no problem with it. I wasn't able to attend the con, but was able to have Kris pick up some nice stuff for me while he was there.

I don't really see the problem in someone offering to sell these for $10 with shipping included.

I know Strongguy was offering them up for free after Kris posted, and that is cool. But I also know people were asking for these on the boards. Kris presented the opportunity for someone to buy one. If you don't like the price, move along.

To bad Kris had to get thrown in the fire...one of the nicest people in the business and will do just about anything for anyone.

To bad Kris had to get thrown in the fire...one of the nicest people in the business and will do just about anything for anyone.

... for a price.

... for a price.

And you have never made money off of something, even if it was supposedly 'free' and let's not be to loose with the definition of 'free'. Cmon, don't be a hypocrite. I just commended you on offering them up for the cost of shipping and you take the opportunity to throw another jab...

confused-smiley-013.gif

Werent these things given out for free?

gossip.gif yes, but so are the comics you get on Free Comic Day...yet they get sold on Ebay everyday confused-smiley-013.gif

hey, no qualms with it, but I thought they were free.

Arex

Yes, these were free.

Yes, I have a stack of them.

Yes, I will send one to anyone who wants it -- just pay shipping.

That seems to be a more honorable way to do things 893applaud-thumb.gif

Way to throw the guy under the bus.

I've paid for free giveaways before. If I couldn't attend the con and something way given away that I wanted, I can't expect random people to just give them to me. It'd be different if a friend of mine went and then decided to charge me for something...but, surprise, the board isn't a family to most people. It's a bunch of comic collectors that share a common interest: comic collecting! Does that mean Joe Collector needs to be some altruistic and benevolent person? Hell no.

I just don't get why people are ragging on this guy...

Likewise being in the UK i can't always take advantage of a few things and needless to say there is always someone ready to get me anything i need free of charge after their expenses are paid. While being in the UK i can do this for people who need things from here. Once i sent a free Liverpool FC goodie pack to someone who said they were a fan. Another time i did a pretty big deal for someone on the boards without asking for a penny but once they saw the effort and time i put into it they sent a small paypal payment.

anyone got a violin yeahok.gif

Likewise being in the UK i can't always take advantage of a few things and needless to say there is always someone ready to get me anything i need free of charge after their expenses are paid. While being in the UK i can do this for people who need things from here. Once i sent a free Liverpool FC goodie pack to someone who said they were a fan. Another time i did a pretty big deal for someone on the boards without asking for a penny but once they saw the effort and time i put into it they sent a small paypal payment.

anyone got a violin yeahok.gif

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

... for a price.

I didn't get a chance to get any sketches at heroes since i was too busy looking for rick remender, can i have a page of your MVS series for free? I'm a real nice guy and I hear you do lots of things out of the goodness of your heart. poke2.gif