• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Ebay bidders certainly have nerve

93 posts in this topic

That's a shame, because I'm a 2nd Print collector, and I would've paid $100 for that book. Oh well... shy.gif

Trust me, there's plenty more of that one. I actually own three, and passed on two more. It will be around, now 35 cent Spideys, that's a different story.

That's a shame, because I'm a 2nd Print collector, and I would've paid $100 for that book. Oh well... shy.gif

Trust me, there's plenty more of that one. I actually own three, and passed on two more. It will be around, now 35 cent Spideys, that's a different story.

I guess I should've used this one instead: smirk.gif or yeahok.gif

But, that's not all. At the same time I see that I've received a PayPal payment for $9.10 from this guy. He was somehow able to find my PayPal ID and make this payment. He decided that I would remove this book from the listing, HE decided then how much I would sell it for, HE then decided how much and how I would ship it, and HE was then forcing me to go in and alter the listing. Of all the nerve. He also specified very clearly along with payment just how to package the book for shipment.

Sounds like he'd make a perfect board member. shy.gif

If I am not mistaken that book had the word Classic written on the Front cover. I have seen this particular book sell for upwards of $50 on ebay. Sometimes it goes for a lot less but I remember it selling for that at least once. I assume the buyer also was aware of the value as well.

Just check out what this seller wants for his copy Spidey 292

Exactly. I've seen this book sell for even more. It really seems like the guy was trying to strong arm you into selling the book cheap. Would you care to tell us his user ID?

I'm not too bright - I figured out the user ID from the link. I have to say I've heard this ID before...

USER ID = friendly_andy

He seems to be well likes based on his feedback. To bad he's a scammer.

I don't think he's a scammer at all . . . a hustler, yes, but a scammer? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

scam Audio pronunciation of "scammer" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skm) Slang

n.

A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle.

I stand by my statement. sumo.gif

I have to agree with Divad actually. I wouldn't consider this a scam as the guy was not misrepresting anything or telling any lies. He was, however trying to take advantage of a dealer that did not realize what he had. I don't blame the guy for this. I've spotted deals on Ebay or even at conventions where a seller was selling an item without knowing the full potential of it's value, and I wasn't afraid to buy it. But on the other hand, I never tried an underhanded method like this guy did in order to score the loot. This guy was waaaay too agressive. But without you cats I would have fallen for it thinking that this was just some geeky kid that HAD to have every single variant possible. I had just assumed that it was a cheapy 2nd print worth 50 cents. Lesson learned.

1300530-292.jpg

1300530-292.jpg.6987d0eda9c51eae939641f73286ac3c.jpg

And what's the problem? And he paid quickly at that 27_laughing.gif

I have buyers telling/yelling at me all the time to sell a book at their price.

Welcome to my world.

Sell me Sid's FF 5 for $200.....

Please! hail.gif

There.

Now you had a begger to go with your tellers and yellers. grin.gif

I have to agree with Old Guy actually. I wouldn't consider this a scam as the guy was not misrepresting anything or telling any lies. He was, however trying to take advantage of a dealer that did not realize what he had. I don't blame the guy for this. I've spotted deals on Ebay or even at conventions where a seller was selling an item without knowing the full potential of it's value, and I wasn't afraid to buy it. But on the other hand, I never tried an underhanded method like this guy did in order to score the loot. This guy was waaaay too agressive. But without you cats I would have fallen for it thinking that this was just some geeky kid that HAD to have every single variant possible. I had just assumed that it was a cheapy 2nd print worth 50 cents. Lesson learned.

Lessee, he sends you $9 unsolicited, which you could have kept and sent him nothing, as you had no deal. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif He was definitely taking a risk, and you had no obligation to a transaction.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That being said, I think you handled it the right way . . . but I wouldn't condemn the guy like others here have done. Let the one person who hasn't tried to wrangle an off-eBay deal raise their hand now . . .

sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif

. . . just what I thought 27_laughing.gif

I have to agree with Old Guy actually. I wouldn't consider this a scam as the guy was not misrepresting anything or telling any lies. He was, however trying to take advantage of a dealer that did not realize what he had. I don't blame the guy for this. I've spotted deals on Ebay or even at conventions where a seller was selling an item without knowing the full potential of it's value, and I wasn't afraid to buy it. But on the other hand, I never tried an underhanded method like this guy did in order to score the loot. This guy was waaaay too agressive. But without you cats I would have fallen for it thinking that this was just some geeky kid that HAD to have every single variant possible. I had just assumed that it was a cheapy 2nd print worth 50 cents. Lesson learned.

Lessee, he sends you $9 unsolicited, which you could have kept and sent him nothing, as you had no deal. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif He was definitely taking a risk, and you had no obligation to a transaction.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That being said, I think you handled it the right way . . . but I wouldn't condemn the guy like others here have done. Let the one person who hasn't tried to wrangle an off-eBay deal raise their hand now . . .

sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif

Guilty as charged here..... devil.gif

Scott

sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif

sleeping.gif

Actually Divad, I agreed with what you said earlier. I changed my post as I had typed in Oldguy by mistake. Yeah, I don't think he was a scammer, just kind of shady. Still bad, just not scammer-level bad.

Hello, just got home from band practice to find another PayPal payment made. "Friendly Andy" did cough up the $30, sorry Anfield. No explanation, no apology, nothing. Just a $30 payment with the same very specific packaging instructions that he left the first time when he tried to just pay $5. Thanks for your help guys. As it turns out this guy is still getting a pretty good deal, But I'm also receiving alot more for the book than what I had previously thought it was worth. thumbsup2.gif

Hello, just got home from band practice to find another PayPal payment made. "Friendly Andy" did cough up the $30, sorry Anfield. No explanation, no apology, nothing. Just a $30 payment with the same very specific packaging instructions that he left the first time when he tried to just pay $5. Thanks for your help guys. As it turns out this guy is still getting a pretty good deal, But I'm also receiving alot more for the book than what I had previously thought it was worth. thumbsup2.gif

In that case,I retract my bid.

Refund his payment again and this time ask for $50 devil.gif

BTW, got word my eBay books have arrived and I'll get caught up with feedback and kudos after I get home on the 28th and get a chance to start going through my packages. thumbsup2.gif

Araghhhh blast you, Richards!