• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay question: item not received

11 posts in this topic

A question for the ebay regulars:

I won a cheapie comic ($10)on ebay May 14 and paid via paypal the same day. I still haven't received it but the seller tells me now that he's forgotten to send it. He tells me this today despite the fact that on June 6th, after I sent an ebay message, he told me he'd send it that day.

My question is: Do I fill in an items not received dispute? Or, at such a low dollar book do I let it ride and hope for the best? popcorn.gif

Thanks

eBay and PayPal has a limitation of 30 days or so...I think. You have incredible patience to wait two months before asking this question. If not, go through this process, unless it arrives (literally) in the next two days. He should pay expedited shipping if he forgot about it.

45 days for paypal, if you paid by paypal you cannot go through the generic ebay claims procedure.

if you paid on may 14th, you will not be successful in any claims, the only option left to you is negative feedback if the seller doesn't come though

I won a cheapie comic ($10)on ebay May 14 and paid via paypal the same day. I still haven't received it but the seller tells me now that he's forgotten to send it. He tells me this today despite the fact that on June 6th, after I sent an ebay message, he told me he'd send it that day.

My question is: Do I fill in an items not received dispute? Or, at such a low dollar book do I let it ride and hope for the best? popcorn.gif

Thanks

runningman...there's a problem with this...ebay reimburses you for this up to $200 but charges a $25 mandatory fee...thus if i file a $500 claim i get only $175 which is the max...if i file a $26 claim i only get $1! confused-smiley-013.gif thus if its a $10 then you get nothing... sorry.gif

Thanks

runningman...there's a problem with this...ebay reimburses you for this up to $200 but charges a $25 mandatory fee...thus if i file a $500 claim i get only $175 which is the max...if i file a $26 claim i only get $1! confused-smiley-013.gif thus if its a $10 then you get nothing... sorry.gif

You file it through PayPal not eBay. grin.gif

I've found that threatening to give someone negative feedback can work wonders for getting a response or a book shipped. Send the guy an email stating, "If I don't receive the book within x days, I'm leaving negative feedback."

And remember to leave the negative feedback on day 89, hour 23.

I should also mention that on his auctions he purports to be an ebay employee and that he must follow strict rules with buying and selling.

I didn't know that not shipping was one!

Not grading worth a 893censored-thumb.gif is probably another one.

Good Luck. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks

You file it through PayPal not eBay. grin.gif

divad...i wish i took that route...oh well...bought a tec359...buyer wont allow paypal...since i really love the book i offered to pay check but insisted on a US address...he declined and gave me a PO box, i still went through...my check got cashed and after one week still no book... 893whatthe.gif i emailed him 2 days ago and got no reply...before that i waited one week during check clearing emailing if he got the check and he didnt bother to reply...he did give me a positive feedback and noted he received payment...I filed a non receiving item from ebay, thats why I memorized the item...hope i still get the book...and its an 8.5! sorry.gif