• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody hear of this?

10 posts in this topic

GAAAWD how i hate hate hate the old, contrived, played-out and utterly stupid comic book origin convention of giving a hero a "real" last name that is a pun/homonym for his powers!

Daniel "Leight." "Lightspeed." whatta coinkeydink!

oh craap that is just so freaking PLAYED OUT and stupid.

sign-rantpost.gif

GAAAWD how i hate hate hate the old, contrived, played-out and utterly stupid comic book origin convention of giving a hero a "real" last name that is a pun/homonym for his powers!

Daniel "Leight." "Lightspeed." whatta coinkeydink!

oh craap that is just so freaking PLAYED OUT and stupid.

sign-rantpost.gif

Man, I saw a quick blurb of this on the Sci-Fi channel this weekend and I was just floored. "Stan, say it isn't so!" It's the most ridiculous [embarrassing lack of self control] I've seen lately. Why do we need another Flash rip-off? And of course NO ONE is going to figure out Daniel Leight is Lightspeed...I mean.. How could they? Jeez, I mean, Spider-Man isn't really Peter Spyder or something equally as lame. Why can't they take a hint from actual comics that worked? All I've got to say is that Stan must have done it for the money. The dude's pushing 80 something...what does he care? 27_laughing.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifsign-rantpost.gif