• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you had a few thousand to spend...

21 posts in this topic

After viewing the group shots of "ciorac's" in another thread and basically picking my jaw up off the ground...my mind got a wonderin' ....well what if I happen to win a few bucks on the loto this week...you know, not the big time, but maybe a cool $5000 that I just normally would not have in my wallet to drop on books. Anyway, I would go for any one or combination of...

Marvel Mystery #40 or 44

USA #7

Human Torch #8

What say you...

PS.... very impressive stuff - ciorac.

hail.gif

Namora #1 and 2 would be nice and maybe the Subby 28.I'd be surprised if the 32 doesn't break 6k.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Not even sure if I'm going to bother with this one because I'm sure one of the bigger dealers (Metro, etc) will scoopt this book up along with the Captain America books #70-#73. I'm afraid that unless your willing to spend $2,000 on a book there won't be that much available in the GA section.

If I were you,I'd be permanently happy with your AWESOME 5.5.That copy is right smack dab in the middle of the prime level of accessability(and quicker resale potential) for that book.You're sitting pretty with that one.I'd take a shot at the 28(Metro already has a nice one).GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Jim your probably right as the 7.5 copy will only help push up the value of my 5.5, although I am currently the high bidder and on the Marvel Comics #1 as well acclaim.gif (had to throw a joy bid in there). #28 is not on my A list right now but Metro and Harley have recently bolstered their GA inventory so I may direct some more funds their way. If another mid grade Human Torch #12 is around in a about a month I will not hesitate to purchase it.

Plan to submit my All Winners #4 Diamond Run copy and a few others to position for a possible move for maybe one or two big books but I'm still on the fence.

If money were no object, I'd probably buy medium-grade copies of the Flash Comics listed in my signature. I wouldn't mind picking up at least one Golden Age Sub-Mariner someday, too! Oh yeah, and All-Star Comics #9. I like that cover!

Whoops. I meant to write that I would buy an All-Star Comics #10 if money grew on trees. Number 10 has a cool Hawkman cover. Although, they forgot to color the green of his pants! (It happens now and then.)