• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I NEED ADVICE.

50 posts in this topic

Should I sell my ASM 252, & 300 when the prices fly up & save it till later to buy higher graded copies???

I'm kinda on the edge about this, as, what if I don't get the high money & then I am screwed & have to buy lower graded ones..

Help please.

Unless they are 9.8,They should be replaceable.Both are books that might be purchased raw by you and submitted for a nice grade at a later date.I would think the 300 might have the best staying power as that McFarlane run was 'DA BOMB.There may be quite a few of these to come out of the woodwork at movie time,I'd make a profit now and get them again when the "dust settles".GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Depends what grade you have . If its not CGC then you will not get the prices you think. Now to the question. Depends why you purchased it . I have a CGC 9.4 & a 8.5 ASM 300 and wouldnt sell it for anything. One of my personal books as I am a huge Spiderman Venom fan. 9.5 is mine and 8.5 I purchased for my son. Now if I purchased it as a investment piece then YES , maybe a few weeks before the movie comes out its time to sell. It will never be that high again for some time.

Yeah, I bought them in mind that I was going to keep them, their RAW, so I know I won't get graded prices. It got me thinking if I can sell them, then maybe I can buy higher grades (RAW). However, this is like gambling, & idk if the chance is worth it.

The boards people have given them grades at 8.5

The boards people have given them grades at 8.5

If you are happy with the books, keep them. Don't get too caught up in all the "must have a higher grade" mentality on these boards. gossip.gif

Depends what grade you have . If its not CGC then you will not get the prices you think. Now to the question. Depends why you purchased it . I have a CGC 9.4 & a 8.5 ASM 300 and wouldnt sell it for anything. One of my personal books as I am a huge Spiderman Venom fan. 9.5 is mine and 8.6 I purchased for my son. Now if I purchased it as a investment piece then YES , maybe a few weeks before the movie comes out its time to sell. It will never be that high again for some time.

McFarlane ASM's actually got me back into collecting after a hiatus,and that 300 seemed awfully tough to find in true NM.I picked up a UPC bagged gold version of # 1 at the 7-11 and ended up going back for all the McFarlane ASM's at the back issue shops.I paid $20 for some of them,they were HOT.The 300 cost me $30 and I had to go 100 miles to find one.A friend who owned a comic store owned the original art to the page in 300 were the symbiote merged with Brock in the Church,but foolishly sold it in the mid 90's for about a grand.My modern age grail is a 10.0 #300 with white pages.Unfortunately,I'd never be able to afford it.GOD BLESS...

Yeah,those things are awesome.McFarlane was one inventive chap.His toy line is very cool.I wish Marvel would contract him to do a Spidey series.I'd love to see his take on the Sinister Six.GOD BLESS...

Same here, however, you think he will, you think marvel would?

I mean, he hardly got any respect besides for his art during his "Spider-Man (1990)" series.

I mean, just read those letters. I loved the [embarrassing lack of self control] out of the stories, I actually liked the darkness to it. Or however you put it.

Btw I have the full run of Spider-Man that todd did. Even #15. yay.gif

It would be a good boost to his toy business,but he would probably have to approach them,which he probably won't do.GOD BLESS...

p.s. I'd like to see him do a toy series based on the Bible.It could truly be mind boggling.I'm being serious.WHOLE lotta money out there in the moral majority.

It would be a good boost to his toy business,but he would probably have to approach them,which he probably won't do.GOD BLESS...

p.s. I'd like to see him do a toy series based on the Bible.It could truly be mind boggling.I'm being serious.WHOLE lotta money out there in the moral majority.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But how would people take it? How would he design the people from the Bible?

That's one thing to wonder about, I can see how it could cause trouble.

Perhaps.

He certainly has a way of giving something an added edge.Plus the Bible is definitely in the public domain.It could be very controversial,which can be a good thing.He would have to handle it delicately,but his core fan base would most likely buy it and the rest of the curious masses might just put him squarely back in the black again.His work is certainly capable of the challenge.GOD BLESS...

Yeah, but that is a slippery slope because if his treatment of biblical characters is with nothing less than complete reverence, he could lose quite a bit of his market. All it takes is one Mediterranean or Egyptian looking Jesus and BAM! the 893censored-thumb.gif storm would start a hailing in old testament style.

Seems to be just his sort of thing,what with the controversy.Your point about the Mediterranean is well taken.That IS where they are all from.It would be difficult to portray them in the anglicized,"Errol Flynn on heroin" look that has been the norm since the Victorian days.It could be interesting.GOD BLESS...

p.s. I'd like to see him do a toy series based on the Bible.

I think I saw that on Mad TV one night.

Two kids rough-housing with their biblical action figures in the back yard.

"Arrrrgh! Get over here Abel and let me smite thine as$"

Mad TV is certainly in a league all it's own.We watch it almost every Saturday.They certainly know how to cross the line.GOD BLESS...