• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Both Invaders Fans

36 posts in this topic

I liked the Invaders.

i liked Roy's All Star Squadon a lot better,

but I still liked the Invaders.

Just off to check how many issues I need for the set since I stopped tracking them down about 20 years ago.

Earl.

Does anything say slab better than Jack Kirby cover, Frank Robbins art?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brubaker on Cap has been awesome. Killing off the Torch still irks me to no end. It amazes me how they have misused this character for the past 45 years. He would have been a great full time addition to a squad like the Avengers. They need to bring him back and perhaps tewk his character just a touch so that he is still the original Torch but perhaps with more depth than just a plain android.

The did bring the Original Torch back in West Coast Avengers, during Byrne's run, but for the life of me I can't remember what happened to him.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That was ages ago, check out the recent short lived Invaders series from 2004, lasted only 9 issues and the Torch was barely in action until they decided to blow him up at the end, what pile of shiiite.

I9.gif

Does the title of this thread mean there are only 2 Invaders fans? poke2.gif

Seriously, nice books smile.gifthumbsup2.gif

Well, there aren't that many of us. shy.gif

Thanks.

Count me in. Along with Marvel Team-Up, this was one of my 2 favorite title when I was a kid. Issue 8 was pivotal in turning me from a reader into a collector, and the first book I ever spent $5 on was Invaders 1, from Sparkle City at a Creation con in 1977. Great Kirby and Kane covers, and great Robbins art (I don't care what anyone sez). And great stories.

I was expecting 40s superhero revival characters alongside Quinn Martin and Roy Thinnes. confused-smiley-013.gif

Where's #5! I love that cover.

I was expecting 40s superhero revival characters alongside Quinn Martin and Roy Thinnes. confused-smiley-013.gif

Here you go:

Invaders05.jpg

Here you go:

Invaders05.jpg

Yay!

The art DID suck if that cover was any indication. foreheadslap.gif

That's crazytalk!

I still need to warm to Robbins a bit, but that issue was a breath of fresh air for the anti-Robbins contingent; Ayers and Colletta (Colletta. Yikes!) if memory serves.

It didn't suck for somebody, since the cover OA was pinched not long ago.

And was Kirby working from a layout on that one? Regardless, it still rocks. headbang.gif

I know Roy Thomas is out of fashion, but he was something special. I'd love to see him do some more Invaders stuff.

Roy Thomas is one of my top 5 favorite comics writers of all time. And never better than when you could tell he was really into a title, such as All-Star Squadron. I'm going to comb the longboxes in Boston this weekend for some inexpensive Invaders. Thanks for starting this thread and posting those covers.

You are welcome. Thanks for all the great posts.

Nice Captain America story going on now with Captain America being reunited with Spitfire and another Union Jack as they look for Bucky. Just a couple large match sticks and an angry amphibian away from a really big reunion.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif