• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action # 1 on ebay 7/21/06

22 posts in this topic

Hey action1kid,

What grade was it in when you owned it? Also, did you sell it to rufusfirefly, or do you know who the seller is?

Not that I'm going to bid or anything (a little out of my price range 27_laughing.gif ) Just curious.

Hmm, that auction says the key books are unrestored...I guess Action 1 isn't a key?

"All issues of any significant value are guaranteed unrestored or unaltered in any way that would increase their apparent condition"

actually, the entire auction doesn't feel right...something is suspicious.

1. everyone knows when you have high value keys, you get a much bigger sales price selling indivual lots, vs. lumping everything together.

2. of the 130+ bids, many of the bids are from the same bidder, bidding in small increments througout the auction. I know several buyers who can afford $100,000+ comic purchases, and their time is valuable...they would never bid 90 times, especially 1 week before an auction ends. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hello all...

I have been emailing back and forth with the seller (have been very impressed with him and his emails and takes), and there is nothing suspicious at all about the auction to me. As you can see from the updated posting on ebay, it is strongly priced (BIN in the 7 figures) so maybe they are just using for exposure or hoping someone with deep pockets will step up to the plate (truly a great assortment of books)...if so, good move, as it has got me going on a Tec 27 they have, that I am potentially interested in...

just my 2 cents

rick

ps-anyone else have a tec 27 for sale, please PM me with details

this may be a legitimate seller and auction....he just may be a real bad Ebay ad poster. How can you have a Marvel #1 as part of your auction, and instead of posting a pic for that book, you show All Negro Comics ( although still a rare and neat book)? That is insane

Sir

You have to seriously question this auction only because the biggest book(ACTION1) is so seriously misrepresented. He discribes it as a MID GRADE book which it is NOT!..I owned it and it was a GOOD and had the centerfold missing back in 1991. He states the only resto on the book is glue on the spine which is not true.There is multiple colortouch on the cover( You can see it as plain as day on the cover for christs sake]...The book has a spine roll which you can see and the spine on the 1st 2 pages was starting to get brittle.

None of this was mentioned in the discription and being that as it may you have to question everything else because of this.I dont want to see anyone get hurt,

Hey it could be a serious auction but what you have to consider is how far and i mean by a country mile ,how far the grading is off for the action 1 !!!!!

You wanna take a chance with the other keys?

This is the question in a nutshell..........

hello all...

It appears the seller has added a lot of additional info (such as the Action 1 having a missing centerfold, etc). My belief is that anyone that would seriously consider purchasing, easily would want to view the books in person, and clarify any grading issues.

just my 2 cents

rick

ps-to action1kid, love your Overstreet ad, very impressive!

hello all...

It appears the seller has added a lot of additional info (such as the Action 1 having a missing centerfold, etc). My belief is that anyone that would seriously consider purchasing, easily would want to view the books in person, and clarify any grading issues.

you got that right...the buy it now price is $1.2 million, and the seller can't even get his ad right. The new auction has a question about the prior auction ---- a CGC graded Detective 27 that is not referenced in the new auction. The seller responded that some corrections were made hastily and in error. There is no room for any error or inconsistancies with a $10,000 item, much less a $1 million auction.

How can you not be crystal clear on if you have a CGC graded Detective 27 as part of your lot?

No sane person is going to overnight this guy $1,000,000, but if you inspect everything in person, and bring a black lite and illuminated magnifying glass, you could protect yourself. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sir

You have to seriously question this auction only because the biggest book(ACTION1) is so seriously misrepresented. He discribes it as a MID GRADE book which it is NOT!..I owned it and it was a GOOD and had the centerfold missing back in 1991. He states the only resto on the book is glue on the spine which is not true.There is multiple colortouch on the cover( You can see it as plain as day on the cover for christs sake]...The book has a spine roll which you can see and the spine on the 1st 2 pages was starting to get brittle.

None of this was mentioned in the discription and being that as it may you have to question everything else because of this.I dont want to see anyone get hurt,

Its like dejavu all over again. meh

So that's Bob Underwood - that explains it. I've met him several times - peculiar to say the least.

But to his credit (IIRC...) he did write for Night Court - one of my all-time favorite shows.