• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW. Craigs list is great.

35 posts in this topic

Posted some [embarrassing lack of self control] that I was going to toss and it sold in ten mintes for $65. Unbelievable.

Just posted some original artwork and I got an email three minutes later.

Screw ebay,and the horse they rode in on. thumbsup2.gif

Posted some [embarrassing lack of self control] that I was going to toss and it sold in ten mintes for $65. Unbelievable.

Just posted some original artwork and I got an email three minutes later.

Screw ebay,and the horse they rode in on. thumbsup2.gif

Which NY edition did you post it on? I've tagged Albany and Hudson Valley. So far not too much, but i did pick up some mid to lower grade late silver, early bronze just this morning, and it was delivered! (Probably paid a little too much, but what the hey)

craig's list in manhattan seems to be a not bad way of unloading junk in bulk (not for a lot of money, but probably as good as ebay or better), or so i've been told. easier than dragging it to the P.O.

not really sure why though. the shops here don't like to buy the stuff and, unlike the early 90s, there are very few people selling comics on the street. i never see them at street fairs either. back in the early 90s there were tons of guys setting up shop on the street with a table and 5-10 long boxes.

perhaps people buying them for $65 and donating them to charity for a $1000 write-off?

The stuff I sold was some stuff I've accumilated from living out of a hotel in Vegas the last two weeks.Extra coupons,free admissions,free tshirts,stuff like that. I then posted two ads in the NY craigslist about some graphic novels and original art. Despite it being around 2AM back east,I got several emails,and a phone call.

I met my wife via the Internet..Oh...11+ years ago? Her brother met his wife the same way and I know a couple that met in a MMORPG and just got married recently.

Or maybe you just mean craigslist - if so my bad. grin.gif