• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

V-for vendetta

14 posts in this topic

Who read it? Did you enjoy it?

I just finished it and I did enjoy it. There were some really slow parts which tempted me to stop reading. I don't like Alan Moore (yep thats what I said haha), I was disapointed in Watchmen but I still wanted to try V before I watch the movie.

I finished reading it a month ago or so. I liked it and found it very interesting, but it did get slow at parts. I guess it isn't as bad if you are buying it monthly, but if you have them all it can get slow. Well written...I like it! I can't wait until the DVD comes out!

Its a great story - Moore is the best writer in comics.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Without a doubt. I just did a re-read this week of LOEG Vol. 1 & 2. He is the man! Been trying to find my "V" trade as it's time for a re-read (I just saw the movie last week - put the bug back in me).

I really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed From Hell. I make all of my friends mad but I couldn't get into Watchmen.

When they first came out I did not like either series, although I do like some of Moore's work. (Swamp Thing I loved)

I have never picked either up again to give them a second chance.

Guess I need to lok for a cheap TPB and try one if not both of them.

I really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed From Hell. I make all of my friends mad but I couldn't get into Watchmen.

I'm right with you. I love the rest of his work but frankly considered Watchmen highly overrated gossip.gif

I love virtually all of Moore's work, with the noted exception of LOEG. That's not an actual story in my opinion, but a "look at all the cool literary references" circle-jerk.

I agrre with this statement...although I haven't read Promethea yet. Looking forward to getting all those TPB's.

FInally watched the V movie last night.....wow, was I bored!! sleeping.gif

Promethea is pretty decent but it is deep. As to Watchmen, I read it about a year ago and it came up dated. I recently read Dark Knight returns(last time I read it was around 94). Again, it came up dated. Now, I know when I first read it around 88-89 I thought it was the 893censored-thumb.gif, then. So, I think Watchmen deserves a little credit. Had I read it back in the 80's when no other comic book was like it, I think I would have quite enjoyed it. Now, as to a series that has held up especially well, I would say Wastelands has. Though, I suspect anthology series hold up well regardless.