• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Marvel

18 posts in this topic

He went no where since the Days of Vengeance mini. Weren't you paying attention? He seemed a little perturbed(okay, more like looney). Let's hope this gives him some more balance as a character.

Ooo, when you said Captain Marvel, you mean Shazam. poke2.gif Here I was looking through this weeks Marvel books wondering why I hadn't realized Captain Marvel had gone someplace.

He went no where since the Days of Vengeance mini. Weren't you paying attention? He seemed a little perturbed(okay, more like looney). Let's hope this gives him some more balance as a character.

I am sure he will get used to the power and be back to normal.

Well, the 7 Deadly Enemies( or Sins) are whispering to him all the time. So, it just might warp Billy's fragile little mind. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a storyline with that. Who here didn't think the Wonder Woman back-up(artwork aside, of course), sucked big green donkey 893censored-thumb.gif?

I kind of enjoyed the History of the DC Universe backup that had been in the previous books. If they don't step up some with a little more meat on the origin backups, they might have a problem with selling the rest of those issues.

Well, the 7 Deadly Enemies( or Sins) are whispering to him all the time. So, it just might warp Billy's fragile little mind. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a storyline with that. Who here didn't think the Wonder Woman back-up(artwork aside, of course), sucked big green donkey 893censored-thumb.gif?

There have been hints from DC that they will use the 7 Deadly Sins as the catalyst for change for Captain Marvel...even went so far as to hint that Billy Batson might not be CM for much longer...it is all part of their plan to update the big red cheese.

For some it may sound like too drastic a change...but I'm enjoying the concepts shown so far with CM and look forward to more. thumbsup2.gif

Backups have been a waste of space for those of us who already read the whole crisis stuff. It doesn't add anything for me. frown.gif

I guess I just didn't realize he was in Black Adams basement screwy.gif

Instead of a back story, I'd really enjoy another few pages of main story.

Black Adam clearly states that the passage takes him to another world. The Rock of Eternity has many passages to it. Billy gets to it via an subway station. Blue Beetle was able to use his scarab to open up a passage in Coutdown to Infinite Crisis. Black Adam uses one in his palace. So there! tongue.gif27_laughing.gif

I enjoyed the story, and the Isis character could be pretty cool. I agree with you though Timulty, the WW back story sucked.

All in all, I have really enjoyed 52 so far. Look forward to it every week thumbsup2.gif

I enjoyed the story, and the Isis character could be pretty cool. I agree with you though Timulty, the WW back story sucked.

All in all, I have really enjoyed 52 so far. Look forward to it every week thumbsup2.gif

Okay, am I the only one that remembers the 70's live action series "Isis" that was a companion to the live action "Captain Marvel" series? The woman was an archeologist that found this magical scarab in a pyramid and would say "by the power of Isis" and would transform. She was kind of a rip off of Wonder Woman, except her outfit was white with gold bracelets and such. That's what I thought of when I saw this bit of the story. Like "wow are they reaching back!" 27_laughing.gif. Over all a cool story, though I didn't like how they did CM's face. That looney tunes face was a bit overboard. Cool how he's going a bit insane though. And he doesn't transform into Bill Batson anymore! Well, at least, not yet.

Okay, am I the only one that remembers the 70's live action series "Isis" that was a companion to the live action "Captain Marvel" series?

Probably confused-smiley-013.gif

stooges.gif Well, it was late 70's around '77 or 78 I guess. I mean, I was like 5-6 when it was on. Anyway...do a google search and you'll find it.

Okay, am I the only one that remembers the 70's live action series "Isis" that was a companion to the live action "Captain Marvel" series?

Probably confused-smiley-013.gif

stooges.gif Well, it was late 70's around '77 or 78 I guess. I mean, I was like 5-6 when it was on. Anyway...do a google search and you'll find it.

I was born in 1982. gossip.gif

I remember it and as I recall, I thought that bit of television sucked. But it was nice to see her come back and with an all new origin to boot. I think, there is some potential to this character. Also, though unrelated. Since it was a scarab that gives Isis her powers and it is also a scarab that gives Blue Beetle his powers, could it be that Blue Beetle might derive his power from the Rock of Eternity as well? I wondered why, Blue Beetle visited Shazam on the Rock before his death. I think, we might see Ted Kord again. grin.gif