• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Iron Fist 14

35 posts in this topic

I'd guess 5.5. Pretty heavy and prominent smudge, not just a fingerprint or two. Don't think it would quite make it to Fine.

Yeah, I'm not sure it'd get to that 6.0 either. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I guess I'd stick to my 5.5. thumbsup2.gif

Does it look like the smudge is some greedy person taking a 35 cent variant off the presses too early? Or did someone try to take sandpaper to hide the issue number? I think if it is the first then the book will be fairly sound grade-wise (though kind of ugly).

Dan

Its definitely a fingerprint so only on the suface, no paper integrity scratches.

What is this 35 cent variant you speak of?

please tell me you're joking, Ed.

price variant club

variant madness

I sold my Iron Fist #14 CGC 7.0 35-c variant for well over $1000 last year.

there's tons more stuff.

long and short of it is, don't sell this until you do some light reading...

Its definitely a fingerprint so only on the suface, no paper integrity scratches.

What is this 35 cent variant you speak of?

please tell me you're joking, Ed.

price variant club

variant madness

I sold my Iron Fist #14 CGC 7.0 35-c variant for well over $1000 last year.

there's tons more stuff.

long and short of it is, don't sell this until you do some light reading...

Thanks for responding. I was assumed that it was a joke as well.

Dan

Thanks, was all over the place with grading too. Structurally its about an 8.5 give or take. The smudge is pretty distracting and the fact that its near the all important 35 cent price doesn't help matters. I think 6.0 to 6.5 is about right with individual preference or allowance showing up in a big way.

I knew this one was pricey, I just didn't know by how much.

Ed

Thanks all, this came back as an 8.0. acclaim.gif The C-note at the Balti-con obviously didn't hurt my cause. wink.gif

if14lab.jpg

Man, you've got serious clout . . . that book has about 30 defects and counting! sumo.gif

Buy the label, not the book! devil.gif