• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art Update (WATCHMEN / HARD-BOILED / and more!)

28 posts in this topic

I didn't have the big SD con like other collectors here (although I did get some nice GOON pages that I'll be posting shortly), but I did get lucky before the con. I've finally updated my gallery. Here are the new pieces:

WATCHMEN

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

HARD-BOILED

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

CONCRETE

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=182789&GSub=29066

WALKING DEAD

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=28153

Big props to Bill Cox for CAF…I’m having way more fun with this hobby than others I’ve been involved in and I think a big reason is his site. Thanks for looking!

Felix

Cool!

Sorry for any misunderstanding...I didn't get any of this art at the con. I got it all before the con. That's a big reason why I didn't seek out anything "big" at the con...I was tapped out! I did manage to get some GOON pieces, though (which I will post shortly).

But thanks for checking it out!

that Concrete piece is killer. i like how you can see your reflection in it, too...it adds an otherworldlyness to it

27_laughing.gif

I didn't have the big SD con like other collectors here (although I did get some nice GOON pages that I'll be posting shortly), but I did get lucky before the con. I've finally updated my gallery. Here are the new pieces:

Especially love the Concrete painting and the Watchmen piece - great additions! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks fellas! The WATCHMEN page was a true grail for me. Really stoked to get it.

SWAMP THING, MIRACLEMAN, WATCHMEN, KILLING JOKE, V FOR VENDETTA (still my favorite of them all)...Moore was 5 for 5. I can't think of a creator since who has matched that record. He's been somewhat hit-and-miss since then for me, but his legacy will always be his 80's work.

Guys, there was a chap selling a piece of Watchmen art at the last London mart - not sure of the issue or page I'm afraid - but it was a nine panel piece with Roschach just before he killed the dog - and had a couple of full figure panels.

It was in mint condition and framed.

He wanted "at least £1,000"...

good price, what do you reckon?

Thanks Hart!

BTW, for reference, the page is #20 in issue #6. Taken on its own, I would say that it doesn't have anything to do with the story as a whole, and isn't particularly character-defining, either. But it IS a Rorschach page. Given how he's the most popular character (like what Wolverine is to the X-Men), that alone makes it a very desireable page.

Well, I wished I'd snapped it up immediately now frown.gif

Have just spoken to a lady on the number he gave me and have asked for him to call back later.

Apparently of the 3 pages I knew he had one has already sold... hope it isn't the one we're taking about.

The other page I did see was one of the 'wash' pieces of the back-story of Hollis and the guy also mentioned he had an ensemble piece of all the Watchmen done as illo for a fanzine or something... I understand there's more as well.

At the mart, he had a very early Dave Sim Cerebus page too that he wanted £250 for. Guess I should've bought that too... tongue.gif

anyway, will let you all know and certainly pass on his details if he's happy for me to.

Having spent years focused on nothing but Cerebus art (before recently expanding my desires a bit), I'd say that that amount for a "very early" Cerebus page may or may not have been a good price. A lot of earlier Cerebus pages, perhaps because they are a bit more crude than the mid-series pages, can be had for somewhat less than $500.