• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The August Heritage Auction

312 posts in this topic

So who's looking at what books? I've been looking for an attractive Supes #9 for a long time, and the 7.0 in this auction is pretty darn nice. Keeping a close eye on that one. Also like the looks of the #6 for a 6.0, but might get scared off by the interior tape.

Then there's the Crippin books. The bidding on the Detectives is already very strong, but the Nedors are starting out slow, and there are many great covers.

What about everyone else?

Thanks. I'm debating whether to blow money in this auction, depending on prices, or get involved in the Comic Heaven Auction, which is end of August. Heritage also has another auction scheduled for September 8/9.

First I'll see if I pick up anything at WW Chicago this weekend. If I have any funds left after that, I'll probably bid on something at Heritage. I'd love a pre-Robin Detective like #36 or 37, but the prices are pretty high already. There are a few midgrade Supermans that I'd like to have as well so I would probably go that route.

I wish we could see a complete preview of the September auction before bidding is completed on the August auction. I think there are only 97 items currently in that preview. Fifteen of those are GA superhero, and 8 of those are Supes 1-8. foreheadslap.gif

I just don't have enough money.

I agree it would be nice to see what's in that September auction. It looks likeit should be another catalog auction. Might be able to pick up some "good buys" because everybody will be tapped out from August's auctions.

I'm only really considering one piece of art. Nothing else really moved me.

The OA to the Silver Surfer 4 cover makes me drool. insane.gif

I'd love a pre-Robin Detective like #36 or 37, but the prices are pretty high already.

those were amongst the comics I was looking at. I'm still thinking about one of the Superman 25 (kids at the drawing board cover.) I wish there were a Crippen copy of 41 (Superman over a drawing board.)

I've narrowed it down to 3 comics. I'm basically trying to stay from any books that have foxing on the back cover.

The books I'm going after are Planet Comics #34 CGC 9.0, America's Best Comics #24 CGC 8.5, and Sensation Comics #51 CGC 8.0 (I'm trying to slowly put together a nice superhero vehicle lifting cover collection. I had to eliminate the Wonder Comics #16 CGC 9.0 due to the foxing. frown.gif

...but the Nedors are starting out slow, and there are many great covers.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Got a big watch list in this one, such a variety of prime material! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The pre-Batman Detectives are cool, too. I used to own a #26 with the announcement of Batman's first appearance in the next issue, and regret selling it. There's a decent 4.0 copy in this auction.

I've bid on some of the Green Lanterns and All-Americans, and a few other oddball GA books, but confidence is not high that I will win them. Bidding usually gets crazy on the day of the auction.

So who's looking at what books? I've been looking for an attractive Supes #9 for a long time, and the 7.0 in this auction is pretty darn nice. Keeping a close eye on that one. Also like the looks of the #6 for a 6.0, but might get scared off by the interior tape.

Then there's the Crippin books. The bidding on the Detectives is already very strong, but the Nedors are starting out slow, and there are many great covers.

What about everyone else?

After a careful review of my comic budget, I'm hoping to snag a low-grade or restored copy of the catalog. smile.gif